twenty-nine

Kao

"I-excuse me, what am I gonna do?!?"

Pete stopped to regard me as he was about to get inside the car.

He looked at me as if weighing whether or not my question was serious.

It was.

"Okay. So, I thought it would be better if you continue your education and this time, take up the course that you really want.

Well, that was really thoughtful of Pete to think that way for me.

But the way he went with it?

That's another story.

"These are for you. I've secured you a slot for any of the engineering courses you would like to enroll in next semester."

I was still trying to analyze what was happening and took everything in when Pete circled towards me and handed me the Manila envelope the Dean gave him earlier.

As if on cue, I perused the content of the envelope and gave myself yet another surprise.

"No, I'm sorry-how did you get this?!? This is my transcript this is a private record!"

I said as I waved the papers on his face.

"Well, then, I guess, Kaleb is just too good at his job."

I gaped at Pete's unapologetic answer.

"Really!?!"

I almost yelled at him when he showed no signs of tempered or guilt with what he did to my persona data.

Good think the parking was deserted at the moment.

Saved us from all the responsibilities of having an audience.

"You're angry at me again. I just want to help you out with your university application. I was given the requirements and gave it to Keng to furnish next. I had no idea how he did it and about how transcripts are supposed to be personal. Guess I need to have a word with Keng later when we get back."

Pete gave his half assed explanation before he walked towards the other side of the car and got behind the wheel while I just stood there thinking about how I ended up with this crazy guy in the first place.

"You're over thinking again. Let's just talk about it when we get home later, okay!?!"

Pete said as he reached out to open the side of my door for me but I just stood there looking at him.

I didn't even know why I'm still looking at him.

"Kao?"

Pete coaxed me to get inside the car but instead of doing so, I walked away towards the exit and he had to follow me an convoyed.

"Kao! Come on! Seriously!?!"

The guy was driving slow trying to keep up with me and my quickened strides.

"Kao! Come on! Let's talk about this shall we!?!"

I stopped and scoffed when I heard what Pete had to say.

He had to reverse the car a little so he would be eye to eye with me when I turned towards him.

"Talk!?! After going behind my back with and gathering sensitive informations about me and deciding for me you suddenly wanted to talk now!?!"

It may really be that Kaleb was the one who gathered all those informations about me but as it was with Pete and his being domineering, I was sure Kaleb was also not given a choice but to do what was expected of him.