fifty-three

Kao

I waved Sein and An goodbye who were on their way to Bon's car.

It's four in the afternoon and we just finished our class for the week and I was getting ready to home and prepare for my shift later at six.

I smiled at the thought as I made my way towards the exit straight to the shortcut on my way to my apartment.

It had been a week since I moved out from Pete's place and started living on my own almost the same time as I started my part time job and I could say that I was happy with my decision.

Yes, I miss him although I won't let him know that because there's a huge possibility that he'd run off to where I was and ship me off back to his place and I didn't want that.

I needed this.

Although I must also say that I miss the people I was living with for the last months and it was surprising for me because I had not thought about feeling this way.

It had been so long that I had people take care of me that I didn't really think I'd forged attachments with the people from Pete's place not until I told them I was moving out that dinner I asked Pete to have my his garden and I told everyone I was moving out on the weekend and manang Sol cried a little.

She kept on telling me how she'd miss preparing food for me early in the morning and forcing me dinner every time I'm slumped with work.

"I'd miss having someone to take care of that is not a plant of a house."

She said as she wiped her eyes dry.

"I'll miss you too, manag, but it's not like I'm going far away, I'm just going to be living in the city. And I'll visit you guys once in a while."

I told her as I gave her a hug and soothed her calm.

"Did Pete do something bad to you that's why you're moving out?"

She looked up at me right before she gave Pete a mean look to which the latter shook his head forcefully in dismissal.

I laughed at the sight.

It had always been known to everyone in the house how only manag Sol can chide Pete as if he were a child.

Given she was Pete's long time neighbor in the province before who looked after him when his mother was away for work, guess it's not very surprising how they regard each other.

"He can be really mean and difficult sometimes but he's okay. You don't have to move away because of him."

Manag Sol convinced me to which Pete seconded.

"Manag, I hate that you're thinking about me being mean to him that's why Kao is moving out but only if you can convince him to stay, I'd give you everything in this world if that happens."

I rolled my eyes at Pete which made everyone else around the table laughed.

"So you guys are not arguing?"

Manang Sol looked at both Pete and I.

"No, manang."

I answered as I let her go and sat right back on my seat.

"So why are you moving then?"

She asked, obviously bewildered.

"That's because he doesn't want to live with hi boyfriend!"

Pete interjected and I just had to give him a warning look.

It's not that I didn't want them to know about us.