eighteen

Kao

"Ugh! Slowly! Aw! Gently! That hurts-ack!"

Pete was trying to get the cotton away from me and off his side mouth when it hovered over his cut and bruised.

We were at seven eleven and I offered to nurse his wounds.

"You do realize this is the repercussion of your decision to go head to head with those guys instead of calling the police, right?"

He rolled his eyes at me before he attempted to take the swab from my hand but I was quick to take it away.

"You're welcome."

He said before he gave me a death glare when I still refused to give him the cotton swab.

"I didn't want you to go all Jackie Chan with all of them alright? Now, I'm all guilty because all these happened because of me."

I still can't believe what happened earlier really happened.

Pete and I were finally easing up to each other despite that stupid statement I said on our way towards the bus stop when a group of people headed by the guy I was sure was responsible for snatching my phone the last time came at us.

"Look who we have here."

He said as he smirked cockily at us.

The people passing by us started quickening their pace when they realized what was happening.

The people by the busy stop not far from where we were by the sidewalk either hopped on the wrong bus or walked far away from there just not to get entangled with what they thought was about to happen.

I myself also thought of running away as Pete pushed me behind him.

"Run when I say it and don't ever look back."

I blinked at what he said.

What does he even mean by that?

"We're running together right?"

I needed to know we were on the same page.

"Are you kidding me!?!"

I steeped away from behind him just for me to be able to look at his face carefully.

"What? It's us two versus the five of them. You didn't think of fighting them did you?"

I mean, I hate violence.

And for heaven's sakes!

How the hell would my lanky figure help us with what was about to go down!?!

"You talk too much. Just do what I say."

Pete said without looking at me while he concentrated on the group across us as he pushed be back behind him.

Am I his back up or what!?!

He's not telling me the plan at all.

Not that I could be able to do what he had in mind but at least, maybe I could find a way for us to escape unscathed or just scathed a little, right?

"Stop with your murmuring lovebirds. Pete, we still have a score to settle!"

The guy shouted at us.

"Tsk! So this is why you tried your hardest to sniff into my business, you're trying to have a good shot at this rich kid, is that it? Huh?"

The guy said while he was punching his right hand to his palm as he slowly advanced towards Pete and I.