sixty-one

Kao

I was sitting beside Pete with my head down. My boyfriend seemed to not understand the severity of the situation.

He was sitting very comfortably with his arms over the headrest of where I was sitting. God knows how many times I've smacked his hand away when he would unconsciously put it around me.

Tita was sitting quietly opposite us while his father was facing back and forth in front of us.

How I was sitting on my apartment one time in my county and sitting on a lavish living room in another the next was beyond me.

I didn't even have a vivid recollection of when or how I was able to hop in a car towards the airport and on a private plane bound to meet the father of my boyfriend who obviously wasn't cheery about his son dating a boy.

The very reason why I didn't want to meet him just yet as everything was still so new and so sudden between Pete and I.

But then there's Tita, who may or may not have used some magic powder on me that the next thing I knew, I had my palms all sweaty and heart beating erratically as we waited for the man of the house to meet us that evening.

I was glad I was able to eat dinner at the airport or else, I might faint with hunger and nervousness that instance.

It was very quiet when we arrived at Pete's family mansion.

It's very unusual that I didn't get to see many house helps in a household like this but as much as I wanted to think about it my mind couldn't.

I can't even bring myself to marvel on the place as I was till really nervous with what's about to happen.

The place was very quite.

Very much that I could almost feel my hear beating erratically as if it wants to get out of my rib cage.

But it was only me who was feeling all those stuff as the mother and son with me seemed to have no problem about it.

Over the course of the three hour or so trip, Tita was even talking to me about the place that she wanted me to visit in the country.

She even lauded her son for getting me flying and traveling papers ahead.

Something which I thought, Apollo shouldn't have done.

Now I have no excuse but to fly with them and meet his father.

Ugh!

I raised my head up to the figure still pacing quietly in front of me.

The man was in his house clothes of plain shirt and pants but the presence he was emanating was just pure authority that I couldn't help but swallowed dryly.

The man looked like the older version of Pete.

But he was way much western and stern looking.

All the more reasons to be nervous about.

I mean, over the course of our fledgeling relationship, Pete and I weren't really able to talk about his parents that much.

Not that I was not looking forward to meeting them, it's just that, I was not thinking about it this soon.

I blew out an air quietly.

Even if they looked unbothered, both Pete and Tita weren't talking then that's why the ambiance was getting me more and more pressured and nervous.

It's as if everyone was waiting for the thunder to roll except maybe for my boyfriend who seemed too relaxed for my liking.

I glared at Pete when he deliberately cleared his throat after some time.