twenty-eight

Kao

"Okay. I'm so done! Whoever doesn't talk to me would get indigestion!"

I closed my eyes and inhaled annoyingly before I eyed the guy beside me faking his concentration on the road.

"Why would you say that!?!"

I snapped at him.

"Ugh! Finally."

The guy said before he slightly turned towards me and even did a fake fist in the air.

I rolled my eyes.

A reflex, I realized, I do because of this guy lately.

"Okay, I'm taking it back, you're not gonna get indigestion."

I rolled my eyes yet again before I looked straight ahead.

I was not sure how did he end up this stupid.

I mean, does money make you stupid!?!

Does it turn a responsible grown ass man into a child five years after because damn if it was not happening to Pete.

I mean, back then, he was always the composed one, literally the one word man who always thinks before he speaks, what now!?!

"Why are you acting like a child!??"

I asked him with genuine curiosity when he wouldn't stopped humming about 'someone's scared of indigestion I see' beside me while still driving.

"Because I said that you'll get indigestion!?!"

I gaped at him.

Really?

And you tell me this guy owns an empire!?!

I groaned inwardly before I turned my back at him and looked outside the window.

I should not have gone with him on this trip.

Or at least didn't let him persuade me into tagging along at the restaurant.

"Tsk. Kao, come on, don't be like that. Face me. Hey!"

I heard him called out in a voice I wanted to kick him in the gut for.

"Kao!"

He called out again and I saw by the rearview mirror how he lingered at me while still on the road and I just had to turn around at him.

"Will you look at the road while you drive!?! For someone who owns a company for automotive stuff you're reckless!"

He rounded his eyes and smacked his lips together as he made a show of concentrating on the road.

Ugh!

I am so done!!!

"May I know why you're mad at me again?"

I heard him asked after some time and I couldn't help but turned towards him with my narrowed eyes.

"Why would you say that!?!"

I asked again.

Hoping that he would be able to explain to me the stunt he just pulled earlier.

"I'm just kidding, okay? And it's not like my words could really cause you indigestion it doesn't have anything to do with your stomach."

I groaned inwardly and ran a hand through my hair in exasperation.

This guy is fvcking clueless!

"I meant what you said earlier. Inside. At the restaurant."