thirty-six

Kao

My eyes flew open and I quickly sat up on the bed almost kicking myself for dreaming that dream I just had.

What hell!?!

My dreams really has the worst timing!

Or best-that is if we talk about reminding me of my stupid life decisions.

Ugh!

I tugged at my hair in exasperation.

And just like that dream, and many other instances that concerned Pete, I was the first one to give in.

"What the hell am I here for then, you, idiot!?!"

Those words I screamed at Pete before I headed straight to my room last night echoed in my mind.

The plan of finishing the reports Kaleb asked me to help him with, forgotten.

"Kao! You stupid! When will you ever stop running your mouth you jerk!?!"

I said loudly as I pulled on my hair still disappointed and angry at myself.

Why?

How?

What was I thinking snapping at Pete like that!?!

All was well.

Everything was fine.

And I could just very well talk to Pete about his issues and mine in a civilized manner like two grown up adults but no.

I really did have to tell him that what the hell was I thinking!?!

"Kao, you, stupid! Stupid! Stup-!"

My hand froze mid air and I stopped punching on the pillow when I heard a knock on my door.

My eyes blinked rapidly and despite the cold AC, I was starting to sweat bullets.

Please don't let it be him please not him.

I cried a silent prayer as I unconsciously prepped myself.

Wiping my eyes off and checking my breath which was obviously not in a good state that I ran towards the bathroom and gargled some mouth wash only to freeze when I realized what was happening.

I blinked at myself in the mirror!

Fvck!

This mouthwash stings!

I hastily spit the liquid out my mouth before I gargled some water after and chided myself.

Why did I even bother to make myself presentable!?!

Ugh!

Whatever!

I'm just trying to be a considerate human being to whoever might be on the other side of the door.

Whoever it was hopefully not the one I thought it was.

I heaved a loud sigh and checked myself in the mirror one more time before I walked straight to the door and opened it.

It was Len.

I was not sure why I was feeling kind of disappointed though.

And relieved at the same time.

Is that even possible!?!

"Good morning, Kao!"

I smiled at her.

Now that I am fully awake, I realized it was stupid of me to think that someone other than the house helps was knocking at my door since the master of the house would never knock and also because he had never been talking and pestering me these past few days.