twenty-five

Kao

"What do you want to eat?"

I heard Pete asked while I was still trying to grasp the situation at the moment.

"How about Chinese? Or Italian? Or Japanese? There's this place with a really good hotpot would you like to try?"

I looked at him when I realized that he had no plan of shutting up.

"You're asking me because you really want me to decide or was that just rhetorical?"

Pete blinked at me before went back and concentrated on the road in silence and I almost heaved a sigh.

Him being that silent was somehow a relief.

"You're mad again?"

But he spoke after a while and I couldn't find any words to answer him.

Until I did.

"I'm not. Why would I be? And why would I dare? You're my boss after all!"

I saw Pete rolled his eyes before he made a turn and glanced at me.

"Okay. What did I do again?"

I shrugged.

He really shouldn't be asking me that.

"Who knows?"

I mean, I could list down all the reasons why I find him annoying but I was sure it would not make him any less of it.

"Come on, Kao! Could you at least just tell me so I'd know?"

He turned towards me when we stopped for the red light.

"Or was it all the shopping!?! Are you tired? Do you want to take a rest for a while before we head back? Right, we could just check in at some hotel and order room service so you can rest while we wait."

I gaped at Pete and stared at him incredulously when I heard what he had to say.

Is this guy even serious!?!

Can he hear himself!?!

I get that he's stinking rich and all and by the way I'm seeing it as it's what he was clearly making me see, money was never an issue.

And I got that.

But still.

What was he really trying to prove now!?!

"You brought me with you to shop. Now we're done. Can we go back now!?!"

I said when I could not think of anything more to say to him.

"We'll have lunch and then we'll go and visit one more place after and then we go back home."

He said as he got ready for the green light.

"Let's make use of your outfit for today."

He said as he smirked and could not help but narrow my eyes at him.