twelve

Kao

I was sitting on the same couch I was in before.

The same couch the doctor who was now long gone examined me in and re cleaned my cut for me before reminding me to call him the moment I feel like having a fever just right after he gave me my medicines and told me of its dosage and schedule while looking curiously at the small devils all over me.

He didn't ask about it tho and no one volunteered the information.

And I didn't really had time to tell him.

I was busy cursing at Pete and picking out the small devils off me at the same time.

Pete didn't come back to my room again and I was a bit glad about it because that means I wouldn't be a murderer just yet.

I sighed and groaned in annoyance as if my being annoyed with him was not at its peak at the moment.

He's just unbelievable!

Are rich people immature this way!?!

But then again, looking back, Pete had always been this stupid and annoying and stupid.

Did I mention stupid!?!

Argh!

I groaned loudly the same time my phone rang.

It was Kaleb.

"Yes, traitor, what's up!?!"

I heard him chuckled with my greeting.

"I was not the one who covered you with all those stickseeds! It was your boss."

My blood boiled with the thought yet again.

"Yeah, but you refused to help."

I could still see his apologetic face when he closed the door on me.

"You heard the guy. He didn't want me to help you and I don't want to be on his bad side. I can see now what he's capable of doing."

Kaleb chuckled with what he said.

He was not funny.

"Where the hell did he even get these!?! Does he hoard stick seeds on his free time!?!"

I snorted as I plucked some more stick seeds randomly off me.

"I had no idea. I was even surprised when he went out all grim and rummaged the shed at the back of the house. He must have really prepared those for you."

I heard mocking in Kaleb's voice but my annoyance towards Pete at the moment was too much that I didn't have time to be annoyed at Kaleb anymore.

Besides, all these are all Pete's fault anyway.

"How are you holding up by the way!?!"

I sighed.

"I'm at my wits end thank you very much."

I said as I reached for a seed on my left eyebrow.

These fvckers don't seem to wane.

"Why don't you just change clothes and throw your current set away?"

I made a face as if Kaleb can see me.

"You really thought I didn't think of that?"

I retorted as I scraped on my itchy nape.

"Then?"

I scratched my nape yet again before answering him.

"I can't afford to throw away clothes. I have too little I brought with me."