sixty-two

Kao

I couldn't contain the smile on my face as I saw Pete walking towards me with the chaos of happy people all scattered in the university ground.

I shook my head as I saw how he was trying to squeeze his way through the many people around with his show off huge ass bouquet of flowers for me.

"Thanks."

I said as he was successfully able to hand me the bouquet.

"But you really didn't have to do this you know. Specially with this many people. Aren't you even aware of the deathly glares you're getting for photobombing and humping people on your way here?"

He kissed me on my temple before he responded.

"Don't care. I just want to give my boyfriend his bouquet and congratulations kiss."

Pete winked at me before he held my waist and pulled me in close.

The huge bouquet sandwiched between us as we shared a chaste kiss.

"Congratulations, on your graduation babe, and with highest honors I see."

I smiled wildly back at him.

"Thank you. Won't be able to do this without you tho."

I said with all honesty.

Three years had passed and so many things happened between Pete and I.

Some were great and others not so, but being with him made all those things bearable as it is.

After he left and with happened to my parents, living with my not so filial family members stopped me from dreaming of ever finishing school or even live my life as I see fit.

But then Pete came back and as he did the first time he appeared in my life, with me trying so hard to be nonchalant about it, but he did make things easy for me.

That wouldn't be hard considering how rich he is but that's another story.

Because I'm talking about the emotional comfort that Pete had given me all these time.

Yes I'm still scared and maybe heart broken at some point and part of my memories, but being with Pete, having him with me makes everything bearable and livable that sometimes I tend to forget that I even went through all those heart aches.

And I think I love him more for that.

I know he doesn't want anything in return and that he was being honest when he said that he's happy just seeing me happy but in my own little ways, I also want to give back and make him see that I appreciate him and am thankful for him and for everything that he did for me.

Starting off with the course I took in college when I finally agreed to go back to school.

I originally wanted to be an engineer but seeing Pete again, and seeing how he tends to juggle stuff in between all his of his businesses on the country and abroad, I realized I wanted to help him.

Ease his burden as much as I could.

That's why I shifted to business management and just two months ago, after my internship from another company much to my boyfriend's dismay, I officially joined him as an underling.

And as much as he was very vocal on how happy he was about it, I am too.

Finally, I can rightfully be with him with the knowledge and skill that I had in order for me to help him out.

For a change.

As it was always him who's always got all the hands and well—body to lend.

I'm still quiet nervous about the job but I've got Pete with me so I'm confident that everything will be alright.