forty

Kao

I heaved a sigh before I put a spoonful of food in my mouth without actually minding what was on it.

Maybe I was just hungry, I haven't had my dinner the night before after all.

Or maybe I was sleepy since I had no idea what time I drifted off to sleep last night and then, I was having my brunch alone at a huge dining hall inside a very quiet mansion.

I caught myself chewing on the food two to three times before I swallowed it purposely and went on sipping my iced americano.

Maybe with strong cold coffee in the morning could finally wake me up to the fact I was given a huge revelation the night before on top of a proposition.

I mean, how was I supposed to process a revelation like that one!?!

How am I supposed to reconcile with the fact that I was hating on someone for the longest time and then I see him after so long and my walls were slowly crumbling without me knowing and then he tells me all those stuff after!?!

Now I couldn't decided on whether to hate or swoon.

"And even if you don't, I'm still yours. And I'm willing to do everything just so you would be mine again."

I tugged at my hair and groaned when the memory crossed my mind.

And what the hell was that supposed to mean!?!

Yeah? Well, maybe if you stayed and actually asked him yourself when he said that instead of waking out on him without a word like stupid, then maybe you wouldn't be as conflicted as you were right now.

Ugh!

But what am I gonna ask him!?!

And after everything that he told me, how am I gonna face him now!?!

It's Sunday after all and I was supposed to spend the rest of my day at the home office doing the things I was expected to being I am a hired and paid secretary but all I could think about now was Pete and everything that he said last night and wonder how would things be after that.

"Good morning."

I nodded when I heard the greeting.

"Morning."

I hummed as I sipped on my coffee only to have my eyes flew open wider when I realized who was sitting across me at the table.

We were seated just the way we were last night at the home office and I just had to choke on my coffee with the thought.

"Hey! Are you okay!?!"

Pete was quick to run to where I was and massaged my back.

I pushed his hands away and looked up at him.

He's freshly showered and he looked so good in his track pants and white shirt and fvck! Focus Kao, what's up with you!?!

"Are you okay?"

He seemed to not mind me shrugging him as he went back to massaging my back.

"Can you not!?! I'm fine okay? I'm good! Just, just stay away-."

I said in between cough as I tried not to die while chocking on my iced coffee.

"Okay, okay, I'm stepping away, just calm down."

Pete chucked as he raised his hands as if in surrender as he made a few steps back.

I looked at him smiling and I couldn't help but made a face over the funny feeling I had in my stomach just with the mere sight of him.