three

The next morning Charlie and Damien got off the school bus when the younger boy received a message.

Ben Hope
meet me in the library??

Charlie looked up at Damien who nodded before looking down at his own phone to read a message which made him roll his eyes.

The pair headed to the library and Damien waited outside whilst his brother spoke to the asshat himself.

Charlie walked into the library and over to Ben who was waiting for him.

Ben hesitantly held onto Charlie's hand "You know I'm sorry about ignoring you yesterday."

Charlie looked down at the smiley face Nick drew the day before on his hand which was slightly faded already and sighed "Yeah."

Ben leant forward to lock his lips onto Charlie's, but he didn't know Charlie kept his eyes open.

He didn't want to be kissing Ben, he didn't want to be some secret that Ben was ashamed of because he was too afraid of coming out. Charlie was openly gay so why should he have to creep around for some boy who doesn't care?

Later on at Lunch, Charlie was hidden away in the art room and Damien was sitting by himself in the art block.

The brothers had a thing for hiding away, even if the reason was not their fault they would still think about it like it was. Damien spent most of his lunch texting on Instagram where as Charlie hid away.

"It's quite a while since you've hidden in here at lunch."

Charlie looked down at his lunchbox hesitantly "I'm not hiding."

"Then what are you doing?"

Charlie rose his arm to hold up his lunch box "Eating lunch."
"Oh, right. So everything's okay? There's no bullies I need to sort out again?"

"No. Everything's fine." the teacher started to write something down on a post-it note but stopped when Charlie started to speak again.

"Actually, there is kind of someone."

"A bully?"

"I've...I've got a boyfriend."

The teacher clapped a few times "Ah. Well, congratulations."

"Not...it's..."

"Okay..." the teacher put his pen down and looked at Charlie intently as he spoke.

"I don't even know if...I don't think he even thinks were boyfriends anyway. He ignores me sometimes. He doesn't even like people seeing us talk to eachother in the corridors. He pretends like he doesn't know who I am." Charlie sighed as he tried to calm down slightly "But then when it's just us two he's fine."

"Well have you talked to him about how that makes you feel?"

"No."

"Maybe you should talk to him then?"

Charlie leant forward and hit his head against his bag, letting out an exhausted sigh.

"What do you want me to say? Break up with him?"

Charlie kept his head down as he spoke "I don't know."

"Well, do you want to break up with him?"

Charlie sat up properly and leant against the cuboard behind him "I don't know."

"I can't solve your problems for you, Charlie. What about your friends, have you talked to them about it?"

"They wouldn't get it."