six

crush

Nick sat on his bed, Damien sat on the chair in the corner of the room, the pair of them both on their phones. Nick was looking at Charlie's Instagram profile and smiled at the posts he looked at.

One post made him smile even wider, the photo was of Charlie and a cat and the caption read: 90% of scientists can't tell the difference between this boy and this cat!!!

Damien glanced up and Nick and watched his face drop.

Nick had just stumbled upon one of Charlie's older posts, the caption made the picture alot worse: hate this place the photo was of the hallway near the changing rooms with a tied lot of rope chucked on the floor.

[boy 1] "Did you hear some Year 9 is gay?"

[boy 2] "It's not really bullying..."

Charlie was stood in the hallway, tears streaming down his face looking completely and utterly helpless.

[boy 1] "Like he sort of asked for it."

[boy 3] "This is an all-boys school. What did he expect?"

Nick was standing the opposite end off the corridor staring at a visibly uncomfortable Charlie.

[boy 4] "He's so gross."

[boy 1] "I bet he was looking at us in the changing rooms."

[boy 2] "I'd rather be dead than be gay."

[Nick] "Charlie."

[boy 3] "He's looking at us."

[boy 4] "What a weirdo."

[boy 3] "He's such a loser."

Nick was snapped out of it when Damien threw a sock he found on the floor at his face. Nick turned to look at the dark haired boy and grinned "Oh, okay...is that how you wanna play?"

The two boy spent most of the evening on their phones or throwing random objects they found around the room which were definitely safe so throw at eachother.

...

Back at the Spring house, Charlie was in his room with his headphones on, hitting his drum set.

...

Nick looked down at his phone and at the message Charlie had sent him earlier that day. He typed a message and let his thumb hover over the send button, contemplating wether he should press it or not.

He deleted his message and typed a new one: That seems like a kinda serious situation but he deleted that one too.

Please don't talk to Ben anymore lol but he deleted that one as well.

...

Charlie continued to play the drums really loud. Much louder than usual.

...

Damien carried on messaging that person on his Instagram as hs was now sat on Nick's bedroom floor.