twenty two

The six of them walked through the arcade, but Elle and Tao immediately ran off together after deciding to occupy the dance machine. Isaac walked away, probably to find an empty corner to read his book. Damien turned to look at his brother and Nick, he saw Charlie's face and raised his eyebrows.

Nick looked at the pair like they had just grown an extra head each.

The pair were silently communicating. Damien wanted to talk to Charlie, but Charlie didn't want to leave Nick alone as he wanted to speak to him.

So, Damien did the only realistic and brother-like thing he could think of. He grabbed hold of Charlie and pulled him away, turning his head "SORRY NICK! I'LL BRING HIM BACK IN A SEC!" he continued to pull his brother away until they were finally alone.

Charlie looked at his brother with an annoyed, yet amused look "What do you want? And it better be good Damien. It better be good!"

It infact was not good.

"You and Nick. When did this happen?"

Damien had given up ignoring the whole 'My bestfriend got with my brother behind my back and neither of them told me about it' situation because of his need for sleep.

"What? What are you going on about Damien?"

The boy rolled his eyes and leaned his back against the wall behind him "You know what I mean, the small looks and the wierd tension. When did that happen?" he watched his brother's face fall slightly and nodded to himself "All right, I'll just ask Nick." he pushed himself away from the wall and went to walk away but was pulled back by Charlie.

"No don't do that! Okay fine. I'll tell you...The morning he come round when it was raining." he saw Damien start to smile and stopped talking "What? What is that face for - Oh my god! You already knew. Why would you--"

"Oh shush! I wanted to know if you would tell me and you did. Know let's go back to--"

"No. Since we're on the topic and we have about 5minutes tops until Tao continues to bother Nick again, tell me what's going on between you and Harry!"

Damien looked gobsmacked, what the hell just came out of his brother's mouth?

"Excuse you! I don't know why you would think anything is. And for your information I am very much inlove with my power puff girl!"

Charlie tilted his head as he looked up at his brother "Power puff girl - Oh, Elle...Shut up, no you're not. You haven't dated a girl in a year."

Damien muttered a quick "Not that you know of." under his breathe and rolled his eyes when Charlie flicked his forehead "You little shit!"

"Hey! It's my birthday! You can't do anything. And....and don't say anything about me and Nick to anyone...please."

Damien saw the vulnerability written all over his little brother's face, even if no one else could. He knew his brother better that way.

"Okay...and because it's most definitely not true, don't mention anything to do with Harry to anyone."

Charlie started to grin as he looked at Damien "It most definitely is true but okay. Chill."

The pair rolled their eyes at eachother and started to walk back towards Nick who smiled at Charlie. The secret couple walked off and Damien joined Elle and Tao who were still dancing.

...

"Okay, come on. Come on, come on." Nick guided the claw and watched as it headed down to try and grab something, but if managed to fail miserably "What?"

Charlie laughed at the boy beside him and his failed attempt to win a prize.

"Okay, I'm almost out of money now." Nick looked at Charlie with a small smile.