four

Charlie looked up at his brother as he carefully cleaned his cuts "You didn't have to do that."

"Yes I did. He insulted you. If it was just me I wouldn't have cared so much but he hurt you."

Damien looked at Charlie and sighed "Ben's lucky he didn't get a punch or two as well...don't meet him again."

Charlie stopped what he was doing and closed the first-aid box "What?"

"I'm being serious Charlie...all he's done is make you feel like shit. I've seen your face everytime you leave a room after him or see him around the school and I don't want that for you anymore."

"That is none of your business."

Damien scoffed as he hopped off the cabinet "No one makes you feel like shit, especially not my mates. Got it? Stop talking to him." he left the bathroom and went into his own bedroom, closing the door behind him.

He turned on his phone and opened instagram, clicking onto his messages.

...

Charlie opened his chat with Ben and quickly typed something: do you have a girlfriend?

He paused, his thumb hovering over the send button as he re-read his message a few times before not sending it and deleting it.

Charlie wrote a new message and let his thumb hover over the send button again : I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but deleted it without sending it again.

He remembered what his brother told him an hour before and swallowed his breathe as he tuoed the message: I don't want to meet up anymore.

Charlie sent the message and waited, a few seconds later he recieved a response from Ben which was only a few questions marks.

To which charlie replied with: Sorry.

He often said the 'S' word to many times even when he had no reason for it. Saying sorry was almost like a reflex because he said it too much.

Ben Hope
I don't understand???
ffs we're not gonna get caught
don't ignore me charlie
hello???

Charlie did infact ignore him and switched his phone off, placing it on the nightstand beside him.

...

The next morning both Charlie and Damien were stood in thr kitchen. Charlie held a bowl of cereal and Damien was on his phone again.

But both of them were brought out of their thoughts because of their sister who stood their with a drink and a straw "Morning."

"Jesus, Tori."

Damien looked up from his phone and raised his eyebrows "Really."

"Why are your faces like that?"

Charlie looked up from his bowl "I broke up with my boyfriend."

Damien slipped his phone into his blazer pocket "And I got into a fight again."

Tori looked at Charlie "Was he a knob?" without waiting for a response she looked at her twin "Who was it?"