nineteen

St. John's Sports Academy

That's where the boys got off their coach. Today was the match against St. John's and Damien really didn't want to be here, the team had a discussion before they arrived and everyone gave Damien an expecting look.

They wanted him to play like he usually did and that was not the best suggestion right now, not when he was feeling like this. Damien felt like he was being pulled under a tidal wave by a sea of unwanted emotions.

He knew the boys at St. John's were much bigger than his team and that didn't help put the match into perspective. How in the hell were they going win this one? Damien had no clue, but be knew he would be the one to play the most seeing as he was one of the strongest on the team.

It was going to take alot to win today, and he wasn't sure he had enough.

The team were made to do laps around the track as a warm up. Damien was ahead of everyone trying to set his mind right before the game started. Nick and Charlie on the other hand were slightly behind him.

"So, all my friends are showing up in a bit to watch me play."

"All your friends?"

"Tao, Isaac and Elle. I've said they didn't have to come, but...Elle said they wanted to be supportive."

"Oh. That's...That's nice."

"Don't worry. I won't say anything about us."

"Oh. Yeah, good. Thanks. You sure it's okay?"

"Yeah, of course."

Before the pair could get another word in, Harry jogged up between them, resting his arms on their shoulder. He looked at Charlie as they kept jogging "Not gonna flake out today, are you Charlie?"

"No."

"We're counting on you." Harry fell back into line with his group.

Charlie smiled slightly at the sight of his friends "They're here. I'll be right back."

[Coach Singh] "Let's line up!"

Damien swallowed his breathe as he made his way over to stand with the rest of his team and his coach. He watched Nick slightly follow behind Charlie and Lean on a post. Damien rolled his eyes, he seemed to being that alot lately. Probably because every little thing was pissing him off.

"Damien."

Except that little thing.

He turned his head at the sound of the voice to lock eyes with Harry, great....time to put on a mask.

"Yes Greene?"

"Oh, back to last names again?"

"Yes....yes we are."

Harry grinned at the boy before his expression turned serious "You know you don't have to play today, not if you're not feeling it."

Damien shrugged as he sorted out his hair "I am...I'm fine, besides the game will start in a few."

Harry sighed as he shook his head "Damien-"