nine

The boys looked at eachother with huge smiles on their faces before rushing downstairs. Nick held up a light blue hoodie and handed it to Charlie "Okay, try this one." he listened to Nick and slipped it over his head "It's a bit big."

"That one looks good." Charlie chuckled at Nick's compliment before the pair headed outside.

"Nellie!" she listened to her owner and raced out the back door to join the boys as they made their way through the back garden.

They stopped running once they reached a small clearing at the far end of Nick's garden and messed around for a little while.

Nellie was enjoying her time in the snow as Nick and Charlie threw snowballs at eachother.

Charlie had quite a hard time actually hitting Nick but managed to get a few hits in, whereas Nick succeeded with his perfect aim.

They continued to throw snow at eachother which resulted in Charlie having his hair full of it and Nick had a face full of snow.

The older boy took a photo of Charlie as he lied on the floor to make snow angels, then lying down to join him.

Nellie joined the pair as Nick started to take photos on his phone, the two smiling widely in ever photo.

They were having a conversation when Nick looked up at the sky and rose his arms "More! Come on More!"

After a few more minutes of the boys lying in the snow, they sat up quite quickly when Nellie ran off towards the house barking. Nick thought nothing of it and said they shouldn't worry, so they lied back down and continued their conversation.

Damien smiled at Nick's mum as he made his was to the back door to be met by a yelping Nellie. He bent down and gave her some attention before starting to walk through the garden, towards the woods at the back with Nellie at his side.

Charlie heard footsteps and sat up to see his brother standing there with a snowball in each of his hands and Nellie stood beside him. Nick sat up too and his eyes widened when he figured out what Damien was planning.

The boy rose both his arms and launched the balls of snow at the pair, managing to hit them both in the chest, eventhough they winced away.

"Really Damien!?"

"Yes little brother I just had too."

Nick looked Damien up and down and squinted his eyes as he looked at the coat he was wearing. Nick remember how Damien wasn't wearing a coat earlier that day.

"Nice coat."

"Thanks....I ran back home and got it before I came here, started snowing and I got cold."

Charlie quirked an eyebrow as he looked closely at the coat his brother was wearing "You don't have a coat like that at home."

"Yes I do."

"No you don't."

"Shut up Charlie!" Damien threw another snowball at his brother before taking a seat a few feet away from the unlikely pair.

Nick nodded "So, where did you get the coat then mate?"

"I already told you, from home."

Charlie turned to Nick "He does not own a coat like that."

"I know."

Damien petted Nellie as she leaned on his lap "Shut up...are we seriously going to talk about where I got this coat from?"

"Yes!" Charlie crossed his legs and pulled his coat further around him.

Nick felt his thoughts click into place when he finally realised where he had seen the coat from "That's Harry's coat! Why do you have Harry's coat Damien? Hm?"