twenty one

Saturday night...

What a blast.

The group was at the arcade, all having a good time and celebrating Charlie's birthday.

Charlie was standing there with a badge pinned to his jumper which read '15' with a bunch of blue stars around it whilst he waited for Nick. The moment he saw the Year 11 walk through the doors he walked over to the boy with a smile "You came."

"Yeah, of course I did. Happy birthday." he held up a bag for Charlie to take with a wide and innocent smile plastered on his face.

"I said you didn't have to get me anything."

"And I ignored you."

"Come on."

The pair stared to walk through the arcade.

"Am I the first one here?"

"No, you're actually the last. We're over there...Lane seventeen."

Nick looked over at the lane and smiled when he saw Elle "I feel like I know her from somewhere."

"That's Elle...she used to go to our school. She would've been in your year but she moved to Higgs." Charlie pointed at one of the other boys "That's Isaac. He doesn't really say alot but he's really nice. You know Tao, sorry in advance if he says anything rude to you. That's just the way he is. And you obviously know Damien...he's in a little bit of a mood."

"Okay."

"Ready to meet them?"

"Yeah."

Nick followed behind Charlie as the birthday boy led the way. Once they were stood with them, Damien nodded at Nick and smirked.

"Everyone, this is Nick."

"Hey."

Damien's eyes wandered to the left of Nick and he had to bite his tounge to stop him from laughing at Tao who looked so grumpy.

Isaac however looked happy to see the boy, resulting in a smile as he spoke "Hey."

Elle nodded as she gestured to Damien "Oh good. We're just choosing fun names for the board."

Nick raised an eyebrow as hs stepped forward to have a look "Fun names?"

Isaac nodded "Yeah, and for the record, Elle Smells was Tao's and Damien's idea."

As those three were messing around choosing names, Charlie moved to sit beside Toa who looked like the grinch at Christmas with his expressions.

"Can you at least try to get to know him?"

"I'll...try." as he answered his bestfriend, he definitely wanted to throw up in his mouth.

They started bowling and Damien was by far in the lead, pissing himself when Tao started to kick off because he can't aim for shit.

"That's it! I'm not doing anymore. No more, no more, no more."

Nick knocked all the pins down and threw his arms up "Yes! Come on!"

Charlie nodded and also shouted, happy for the boy "You did it!" but the pair awkwardly moved away from eachother and that didn't go unnoticed by Damien and Elle.

"Why are these chips so good?"

Elle nodded, agreeing with Nick as she swallowed a chip "They're so good."

It was Isaac's turn and Damien stood beside him, holding his book. The pair smiled at eachother before Isaac bowled and almost scored a strike, cheering with Damien as he took his book back.