eleven

At the weekend, Nick made his way to the Spring house. He wanted to see both brothers and hoped Damien was home cause he had a question to ask. But if he wasn't it didn't bother him, Nick came to spend time with Charlie and that's what he would do.

He brought his hand up to knock on the door and waited patiently until he saw Charlie standing in the open doorway "Hey."

"Hey."

After getting comfortable, the pair went up to Charlie's room. Nick was sat infront of the drum set playing, although it wasn't very good - like at all.

Charlie chuckled as he stood beside the boy "You're terrible."

"I'm trying."

"Here, budge up, let me help."

Nick did as he was asked and Charle held a soft grip on Nick's hands. He helped him play the drums by holding his hands and guiding him. Nick watched Charlie's face of concentration and silently admired him.

Once they had stopped, Charlie slowly pulled his hands away and stood up "There, you're a pro now. Um....well, that's probably cheating though."

Damien stood in the doorway with his phone clutched in one hand as he was using his free one to sort of clap with "Wow, the Nick Nelson had to be taught something."

"Shut up."

The boy rolled his eyes at the pair infront of him and glanced down at his phone to see the photo he had just taken of them "What do you two want for dinner? Tori's having pizza....well come on??"

Both Nick and Charlie agreed to also just have pizza, so Damien shoved some in the oven.

After eating dinner and messing around for a little while, Nick and Charlie were sat on the sofa in the front room, a film was playing but only Nick was watching it. Turns out Charlie had fallen asleep next to the boy and his hand was loosely sat beside him.

Nick looked from the tv to Charlie, his face softening as he smiled at the peaceful sleeper. His eyes traveled from Charlie, down to his open hand.

He moved his own hand to hover over Charlie's. Nick wanted to hold his hand so badly but paused as he felt a warm feeling shoot through his veins. He wanted to hold Charlie's hand? Nick quickly pulled his hand away before it even touched Charlie's and crossed his arms.

Why was this so hard? He liked girls right? Right. So why did he want to hold a boy's hand? Nick had no clue, but he knew the near feeling made his heart beat ten times faster than usual. He already loved that feeling and he'd only felt it once.

Nick looked back at Charlie's face to make sure the boy was still sleeping and clenched his hand as it rested on his leg. He opened his hand and held it over Charlie's, feeling the warm feeling of electricity shoot through his veins again.

Again? What was he doing?

He swallowed his breathe as he pulled his hand away and rested it back on his leg.

Damien, he needed to talk to Damien.

Nick carefully removed the blanket from across him and slowly got off the sofa making sure to not wake up Charlie. He successfully stood up and quietly walked into the kitchen.

Damien looked up from his phone and his seat at the kitchen table to lock eyes wit Nick "Yes?"

"Uh, the film finished and uh, Charlie's asleep."

"Oh....you okay? you look a little red."

Nick's eyes slightly widen but he relaxed once he found his voice "Just warm."