twenty five

The next day, which happened to be the group's milkshake day was eventful. At least that was one way to describe it. Tao had just arrived and done the dumbest of dance moves as he made his way towards the bench. Amongst all the chatter of who was playing what music with what instrument, Damien was non-stop checking his phone. He knew it sounded and most definitely looked stupid, but he wanted to make sure that if Harry had messaged him for whatever reason, then he would be quick to answer.

Nick, from beside boy carefully nudged him with his elbow, sneakily putting his phone back in his pocket and gesturing to Damien's phone with a small nudge of his head. Damien nodded at him before turning on his phone and reading the notification from none other than Nick himself.

nicholas n
Are you ok? cause you keep
checking your phone and Charlie looks really confused whenever you do....?

Damien unlocked his phone and quickly messaged back, angling his phone so that only him and Nick could see the screen. He said that he was just waiting for an important message and didn't want to miss it. Of course Nick didn't believe him and knew something was up but he didn't say anything, he just nodded.

Darcy smiled over at Elle and nodded "So, how did you become friends?"

Elle, of course shared a grin with her favourite person and turned back to Darcy "I was friends with Damien and Charlie first...and Tao came along as a package deal. The boy let out a screech of offense and Elle chuckled yo herself.

"Rude! You're lucky to have me!"

Darcy eyed both Tao and Elle before genuinely smiling "You make a cute little pair." Tara turned to shake her head silently at her girlfriend as everyone at the bench went silent.

Damien decided, why not get rid of the awkward mist and put his phone back in his pocket "Um, excuse you Darcy! I don't know if you know, but Elle is mine."

Elle laughed as Damien got up to squidge inbetween Nick and Elle, putting his arm over the girl's shoulders "See? Mine and mine only. You can't ship her away with Tao of all people...who do you think you are??" everyone let out a laugh as Elle kissed Damien's cheek.

Nick turned his head, a confused look stapled to his head "I thought--"

"Platonic, with a capital P, Nick. Capital P!" Damien made sure to put emphasis on the "P". It's what it's always been and it's what it'll always be. Platonic.

Tao shook his head with a small grin "So, we're ordering a second round right?"

Tara and Elle dramatically nodded as they both agreed "Yeah."

Nick smiled "Yeah, I mean we can go and get them...?"

Charlie and Nick went up to get the milkshakes, the curley haired boy trying the bubblegum milkshake which Nick ordered. He instantly made a face of disgust and put the milkshake back down "Oh, my god, no. That is a crime!"

"I cannot believe you're disrespecting bubblegum flavour infront of me. Right, let me try yours." Nick tried Charlie's and instantly loved it, wanting to share. But to his dismay Charlie obviously say no, because who shares a chocolate milkshake? No one, exactly.

After Tao had left the bench to help the secret couple with the milkshakes, it was just Tara, Elle, Darcy and Damien left.

"What are you doing?"

Darcy looked confused as she made eye contact with Elle "What do you mean?"

"You're clearly trying to set something up between me and Tao."

"Well, we just thought if we could hint to him that you'd make a good couple..."

"But I didn't ask you to do that."