seven

The next morning Elle Argent made her way into class, she sat down at a table by herself and a teacher came over to her.

"How are you doing, Elle? I've noticed you haven't made friends in your form group. I know it's not easy moving schools in the middle of Year 11."

Elle shook her head with a smile "I'm fine." but the teacher didn't seem to get the hint. Elle didn't want to be having this conversation, expecially not with her form tutor.

"I could assign Tara Jones to look after you?"

Elle turned her head too look at Tara and Darcy who were engrossed in a conversation. She turned back around to look at her form tutor and shook her head "No, no, I'm fine. I promise, I don't want to bother anyone."

"Okay, look. It's half-term next week. How about you promise me that you'll try to make at least one new friend before then?"

Elle nodded her head, kindly wanting this conversation to be over "Okay. Maybe."

The teacher smiled at her before leaving the table and going back to sit at her desk which sat up front of the room.

Three days went by of Elle just showing up to form and sitting at her table, alone. She said choose to sit next to anyone and vice versa.

...

Charlie sat in Maths, he was sat inbetween Tao and Isaac. The Spring boy was on his phone, specifically on Instagram and looking through the messages between himself and Nick with a smile on his face.

Tao looked over his friends shoulder and clicked his tounge as he let out a sigh "He's straight, Charlie. Like, you only need to glance at him yo see that he's a massive heterosexual. Isaac, back me up on this."

The boy looked up from his book and looked at the messages between the two boys before nodding "Ginormous heterosexual." he then silently went back to reading his book.

"Exactly."

Charlie looked to the left of him and leaned a little closer to Tao "Masculin guys can be gay. You're not exactly the authority on working out who is and isn't gay. And bisexual people exist...take my brother for example Tao." but he sighed to himself "I know he's straight. He told me."

"So, you need to get over him."

A little bit later on in the day, at lunch Charlie walked. No. More like marched into the art room "Mr. Ajayi."

"Charlie Spring."

"I have a question." Charlie sat his books, folder and pencil case down on the table and took a seat.

"Well, I am officially the beacon of learning. So...fire away."

"How do I stop liking someone? Specifically a straight guy."

Mr. Ajayi crossed his arms and leaned against the work surface behind him "Uh, the question for the ages...I thought you had a boyfriend."

"No. No, he was horrible. This is someone else."

"Wow. Being a teenager is terrible. You know when I was a teenager and had a crush on a straight boy, I just repressed it and suffered."