twelve

kiss

Nick continued to look through different websites and pages reading the same things.

3. Every time you see a straight couple, you wonder what the big deal is.

He clicked onto a site called LGBT-lover.co.uk and started to scroll. Nick read an article about an accident that happened, regarding homophobia.

Same sex marriage legal in England & Wales from March 2014
-Opposition to Marriage equality

Nick read some more until he came across one question.

Have you questioned your sexuality?
Yes □ No□

He moved the mouse to hover over both answers multiple times until he sighed and scrolled past it.

Another website was titled Conversion Therapy?

Deciding to ignore this particular website, Nick found another, more like a quiz. He answered all the questions as best he could, only to end up with one result:

The Ultimate Gay Quiz!
The results are in...you're 62% homosexual!
You're definitely at least a little bit gay...

62% Homosexual

A tear managed to slip away and rolled down Nick's cheek as he closed his laptop and took a deep breathe, resting his head back on the wall behind him.

The next Monday, Nick was stood in the playground at School. He leant against the head of the bench like usual and just stared as his mates messed around behind him.

But he was pulled out of his trance like state by Harry who patted him on the shoulder "Nicholas..."

"All right?"

"How's it?"

"It's fine. Normal."

Harry nodded and nudged Nick "Pleased for you mate."

"So, Uh, what's up?"

"Here to talk about the party mate."

"Party?"

"My sixteenth birthday party. St. George hotel, this Saturday. You're going to be there."

"Uh...Yeah, sounds good."

"You better bring some cool people with you...and tell Damien." Harry left Nick's side without saying another word which left time for Imogen to immediately place herself next to Nick.

"You going to invite me?"

"Um, only if you're cool enough apparently."

"Um, do you not think I'm cool, Nick Nelson?"

Damien rolled his eyes as he approached the pair "No Imogen, he doesn't."

Nick suppressed a laugh as he nodded "Fine, I...I guess I can invite you, Imogen."

An awkward smile spread across her face "Yeah. Yeah, definitely."