tight-rope

"Miraculous ladybug!" The words echoed across the hall, ladybug's voice came across puffed and horse- she was clearly just as tired as cat noir who had perched himself on a railing looking down at the floor below. Ladybug's yoyo fell into the palm of her hand and her arm recoiled slightly as she caught it absorbing the impact.

A smile crossed her face as she held out her hand to the now de-evilised Kim who was glancing around rather confused. "It's okay... everything's alright now." Ladybug helped the boy stand to his feet then helped straighten out his jacket. "Don't let the people who won't change be the reason you can't change." She smiled, that was one of her better lines- ladybug was well aware that had marinette of said the fortune cookie type advice she'd be mocked the rest of her highschool career. Yet ladybug had the power to make even the sappyest lines come across as something undoubtedly influential... often making her wonder if her greatest power was actually her mask.  Ladybugs smile falted for a second on that thought.

Kim looked down at ladybug- pulling her out of her trance and bringing her smile back with her. Kim apologised profusely- as if he truly wanted no part in the evil deeds he had committed...

Ladybug had figured for sometime that hawkmoth was getting stronger... it seemed as if each battle hawkmoth had the villians more and more under his control- limiting their own free will. Ladybug felt like she was falling behind... it felt like the villians were mocking her with their increased durability and ability whilst she felt as if she were static.

Cat noir jumped down so casually it was as if he were climbing out of bed. He pointed his index finger at ladybugs earring, leaning in a little closer than necessary. "you should probably get out of here Bugaboo" he smiled at her "unless Cinderella is finally going to wait around for her prince charming" his innocent expression sudden became mischievous. "We can't let that happen kitty." Ladybug had meant to say it with her usual pep but it had come out flat and made it sound as if she was annoyed, which she was but she hadn't meant to let it show. Cat noirs deminear immediately fell and a pout fell across his face. "No! I mean- we can't let it happen yet! You can't rush a big reveal!" She laughed nervously hoping that might ease her kitties mind. He perked up almost immediately. She bid her partner and classmate goodbye before making her exit.

"Spots off" Ladybug called out as she ducked behind the side of the building- her super heroine suit disappeared and was replaced by the simple oversized Gray shirt and pink leggings she had thrown on earlier. She held out her hand to tiki who rested there as marinett retrieved a cookie from a zip-lock bag in her purse. Marinette leant against the wall and sunk down to the ground- she felt like she was constantly walking on a tight-rope around cat noir.

The person who she trusted the most was also the one who scared her More than anything and he didn't even know. Cat blanc was like a stain across the back of her eyelids- whenever she closed her eyes she came face to face with the very person who had murdered her and the entirety of Paris- it was like skipping to the last chapter of a book. She knew how it ended but she was terrified of accidentally recreating the beginning and her... no- their love was the only prompt she had the luxury of knowing. On the other hand it had been mere weeks since cat noir had abandoned his ring after ladybug had been to busy for him. So she found her self constantly trying to balance herself between completely ignoring and showering her kitty with affection.

She sighed. Standing up and brushing the dirt away from the back of her pants. She walked towards the exit of the alleyway and tiki flew into marrinettes purse making herself comfortable in the collection of fabrics that her owner kept in the bag for such purposes. Marrinette stepped out into the day-light. Letting the warm sun fight against the cooling autumn weather. She embraced the peace for several seconds before a collection of reporters began flooding the area looking to find their next big story.

She walked down the street trying to come up with some lie to tell her parents- school had ended over an hour ago and she had promised to help them with the bakery. As upset as it made her she suspected they must be use to her lack of consistency by now...

"Marrinette!" A voice called from behind her. She stopped and scanned the crowd of reporters piling around the hall. A hand popped up from behind several of the journalists and Adrian pushed his way through the final layers of the crowd.