the death of a hero

Ladybug turned her head to look at chat noir as he sprinted forward.

It was just a moment...

She was looking away for just a moment...

But a moment was all it took.

Persephone's grip on her sword tightened and she raised it up, thrusting it into ladybugs stomach, breaking the latex superhero suit.

"Sorry Kore... but you are everything i hate" Persephone hummed.

Ladybug choked. Blood poured from both her mouth and her wound, dripping into a grotesque puddle on the floor. She staggered back, pulling the weapon from her body, as a black, ash like texture spread across her torso. Chat noir ran forward, wrapping his arms around her as she stumbled.

"Ladybug! Ladybug! Can you hear me?" Chat noir fell onto his knees, cradling Ladybug in his arms, gently stroking her hair as her eyes fluttered. 

"Chat..." Ladybug mumbled. "You can't save persephone... she... she isn't like the other victims... I tried to protect you from the truth... but you have to save paris!" The dark ash spread across more of ladybugs body, covering her chest, her arms and legs.

"Ladybug... I cant-"

"Ya know... she was right though... I'm not ladybug... I'm missing a part of me that really made me her... and hopefully... in heaven... we'll be reunited." Ladybug smiled weakly, her eyes glazed over and her breath slowed down untill they stopped all together.

Chat sat their clutching his lady as the black ash covered her face, he clung onto her tightly, tears falling onto her body before the ash consumed her entire figure, eventually breaking apart and being carried away by the wind.

Chat noir looked up. Persephone was staring at him, she was crying though she didn't look in the slightest remorseful... maybe what was left of marrinette was breaking through.... but it did matter to chat... because marrinette or not...

She was the one who had just killed two heros...

Ladybug...

And herself.