friendly fire

Chat noir ran out onto the road, the ash like remnants of the ground crumbling beneath his weight. He flung his hands up into the air as he waved them around dramatically trying to get Persephone's attention. The akuma victim turned her head and her eyes glowed in the light, softly drawing all his attention.

"Hey Marrinette! This really dosnt seem like you! Maybe we could talk about this!" Chat noir called out as he tried to step forward.

Persephone tilted her head and slammed her heel into the ground, cement cracking and breaking under chat. The hero jumped out of the way as as a the ground splintered apart and left a big and terrifying hole center road.

"Cat got your tounge?" Chat smirked, remembering the thousands of times he said that very line to her well sitting on her balcony together.

Cat flinched as persephones sword flew past his head.
"Ha! You missed."

"What? No comeback?" Chat sulked, Persephone gave him a arrogant grin as she looked past his head to the wall behind him. The sword had gotten caught in the brick wall, and his leather tail was pierced and stuck between the building and the weapon.

"Oh sh-" char noir grabbed the handle of the sword, pushing the heel if his boot into the wall as he tried to pull himself free.

Persephone charged at him, arms raised, when suddenly a string wrapped around her and bound her arms against her body. Ladybug stood behind her clutching the opposite end of her yoyo. Using all of her strength so Persephone couldn't get free.

"Ladybug! Get her akuma!" Chat noir called out but to no response.

"Ladybug!" He tried again but was again met with nothing in return.

"Hear that? He thinks your Ladybug!" Persephone laughed, her voice choked as some of the string shifted up and around her neck.

"I am Ladybug!" The heroine called out, squeezing her eyes shut.

"Oh please!... you are no more Ladybug than I am!" Persephone hissed, every word a weapon in its own right. "No matter how you dress us up we are both just the same worthless girl we've always been! Isn't that right Kore?"

'Kore?' Was that ladybugs name? Chat noir thought to himself... he didn't know anyone named kore... though Paris was a big place... chat noir quickly shut up his thoughts... this wasn't the time or place.

Persephone, threw her arms out, effortlessly breaking the yoyo that chat noir had previously thought to be indestructible.
Ladybug stumbled back as the tension snapped. She pushed a foot back, digging her heel into the ground and stabilising her self. Persephone charged forward and ladybug matched, seemingly ready to fight but at the last second she threw herself onto the ground, sliding past persephone and to her yoyo. She grabbed it by the remnants of the string, throwing it into the air.

"Lucky charm."

Hey guys. I've started another mlb story that I've been thinking of writing for a while it focuses specifically on an alternate marrinette and adrien love story (sort of an enemies to lovers sort of troupe) and if I do say so myself I think it's a pretty interesting premise. So if that sounds like something you'd like its called 'if I never loved you'. :)