unlucky

chat noir scanned the street. nothing. he turned and vaulted himself up into the air, jumping up onto the adjacent roof.

He swore at his own temper. Kicking a tile from the slanted rooftop. He sank down, his legs crossed, his head resting in his chin.

It wasnt the cries of distress from citizens below or his staff beeping furiously at him that alerted him to the akuma attack... infact it was actually the glint from lukas  reflective blue jacket catching in the corner of his eye.

"A villian?.... shoot the miraculous!"
Chat noir jumped down from the roof. Landing behind his foe.

"Feeling a bit blue?" The pun wasn't nearly as an endearing without polka-dotted someone to roll their eyes at it.

"You could say that, cat." Luka's eyes stayed shut tightly as he turned to face the hero. "But I expect to feel better soon."

"What's your thing then? No let me guess You are annoyed the sun's to bright? Or maybe the movie was just so scary you had to close your eyes!"

"Hm. Clever. You're close... but actually I'm here to save my friend... something that THE 'HERO OF PARIS' should have been doing."

"Luka?"

"It's the searcher now" he tilted his head slightly to the side and smirked before decisively walking down the road. Chat noir chased after him.

"Searcher... she's already at peace.... whatever hawkmoth promised you... he's lying. You can't trust him."

The searcher brushed past a crowed of people, slipping between them flawlessly his eyes still shut.

"I know that" searcher bent down and scooped something from off the ground, turning to a civilian.

"Thank you for sharing your eyes with me"

The citizen took a step back, hands raised to their face incase this supervillian planned to pluck them right from her head.

"If you know why are you helping him!"

"Chat noir... I'm not"

"What?" Chat noir
"WHAT?" hawkmoth

His fingers stretched out revealing the earings in his hand

"Luka please, give them to me-"

"Shhhh. You don't have a say in this kitty" searcher looked upwards and the purple shadow surrounded his eyes "and neither do you, insect"

"Tiki!" The small bug creature appeared from the jewels "I am your new master... understood?"

"No tiki! He's not! Don't listen to him."

"You bestowed the earrings to me... didn't you, guardian? its to late to change your mind now cat." 

"tiki... spots on." a pink haze engulfed the villain and a red and black suit covered him.

"What? Luka! Please just think- Marinette wouldn't want this"

"How would you know what Marinette wanted? she needed your help and where were you? where were any of us? this time... i'm going to do everything right." 

"Luka... I know... you couldn't imagine how many times i wanted to bring her back... how many times I nearly made a wish... for god sake luka i had both miraculous in my hands and didnt do it... because ladybug AND Marinette wouldn't want that... they knew there would be a price to pay..."

"Well maybe you should tell hawkmoth that since he seems ever so interested in bringing the bug back to life."

"Why would he... why don't you want that?"