Addiction <2>

P.O.V: Michael

When I wake up the next morning, I unsurprisingly find myself in Noah's arms. When we were in high school and I slept over at his house, I often found myself in this exact position. Whenever I went to bed, I'd be alone, but my screaming and flailing as I slept with nightmares always lured Noah in. He'd hold me close and cover my mouth to keep myself from screaming so I wouldn't wake the rest of the eleven Wrights. Even when I was stuck in stupid foster care and the Wright family was fostering me, I still woke up in the same way. It's habit for Noah to do this and it's completely normal to me, but whenever Marilyn comes over here to retrieve me after a night of imprisonment at the jail, I'm back in Mary's abusive hands yet again.

"Good morning," Noah greets quietly. "You slept more peaceful than normal. I won't have as many bruises from you this time." He sits up, pulling me up with him, and gives me a smile. "Do you want me to get you some breakfast?"

I shake my head slowly. "I don't feel like digging around the hole in my stomach for food mush." Frankly, I don't really mind pulling out chewed-up food from the hole the scooper left. I just want to go home and deal with Marilyn's wrath now. If I put it off, her anger will just grow stronger, and I will receive all of it. It's always better when her anger isn't high.

Noah chuckles. "Okay, then." He climbs off of his bed and stretches his body. "I'll go get dressed, then I can bring you home. Sound good?"

"Sure," I mumble, and watch as Noah leaves the room with a smile on his face. How is it that Noah still hasn't lost his happy-go-lucky attitude that he's had forever? Henry used to act similarly, just more controlled for his age. But everything that happened to his family and mine toughened him, and now he's just someone who's easy to smile but always has a straight face when he's not grinning.

When Noah returns, dressed in his favorite outfit, I'm still sitting on the bed in the same position I was in when he left. Noah doesn't make me get out of bed right away--I know that he dreads bringing me back home as much as I fear my wife's crude anger. But when he realizes that I'm just stalling at this point, he makes me leave the guest bedroom and walk out of the house and get into his car. We drive to my house silently, the only noises are our breathing and the quiet radio.

"Goodness, songs today are so weird. I miss Guns'N'Roses and Michael Jackson," Noah mutters as he turns down the radio. "Seriously, what happened to them? Now we've got this 'Kanye West' and 'billie eilish,' and so many other odd names. So weird."

I laugh a little. "I know, right? I don't even hear AC/DC anymore. Their songs were some of my favorites ever." Noah sticks out his tongue, disgusted with music tastes of current times, and I laugh more. "Charlie's obsessed with this Doja Cat person, utterly loves her songs."

~ The End ~

Now that concludes skit one! If you have any suggestions for skit ideas, just comment them below. 

Word count:
TOTAL: 1725
Part One: 1182
Part Two: 543