New Normals <Bonus Part!>

Author's Note~

Warnings:
• Mention of trauma

I was going to leave New Normals as it is, but a little cute scene popped up in my head and it will only make sense as a bonus scene to New Normals. So...

._.

Yeah.

That's all. Enjoy!

~ ~ ~

P.O.V: Michael

"Can you read the story to me again, Daddy?" Allison asks. She yawns and rests her head on her pillow. "I'm still not tired."

"Yes, you are. You fell asleep in the car, silly!" I exclaim quietly, starting to laugh. "No more stories tonight. It's time for you to go to bed. It's been a long day."

She sighs. "Fine."

I chuckle and kiss her on her forehead. "I love you, my little Alligator."

"I love you, too, Daddy."

She quickly falls asleep and I stand up. I switch off her bedside lamp, then go over to the door. I flick off the ceiling lamp and step out, closing the door behind me.

"Daddy?" Addie's voice rings throughout the hall. When I look down it, she's standing in front of her bedroom. "Daddy?"

"Yes, Addie?"

She looks at the floor and I go over to her.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"Is Pa staying the night?" she asks quietly. "It's been a long day, and I don't want to keep waking up because you're screaming."

"I'll ask if he wants to stay, okay?" I assure her. "If he doesn't and I start screaming, just slap me across the face and tell me to go sleep in the garage."

"I don't wanna force you to sleep in the garage."

"Just do it."

"But I don't want to! That's mean!"

"Addie."

"But--"

"Adeline!"

She frowns. "I don't wanna send you to the garage. It's super cold in there."

"Just do it, okay? That way I'm not waking you up a thousand times. Just do it."

She hesitates before she mumbles, "Fine."

I give her a sad smile. "Thank you. Now go back to bed."

She turns to go back to her room. "Good night, Daddy."

"Good night, my sweet girl. I love you."

"Love you, too."

She walks back to her room, her favorite blanket trailing behind her. As soon as her door clicks shut, I chuckle and head downstairs to the kitchen. My work bag is down there, and so is my laptop. Vanessa told me that she sent me some things regarding stuff going on at the Pizzaplex.

"What're you still doing up?"

I flinch and look up. Noah's sitting on the counter, leaning against the cabinets. His arms are crossed over his chest, and he's got a relatively annoyed look on his face. Like he's asking me what he just did: why am I still awake?

"You startled me," I tell him, dodging his questions. "Get off of my countertops."

He obeys and hops off. Then he comes over to me, his arms still crossed.

"Why are you still up and not in bed?"

"I've got work to do."

"Not this late, you don't." He sighs and drags his hands down his face, then stares at me. "Why can't you just go to bed and do all of your stuff in the morning like a normal person?"