Runaway {Past}

Author's Note~

• Swearing

This takes place just before the Bite of '87. Mike was just told by Mark, Frederick, and Simon what the "prank" at Evan's birthday party will be. So... yeah.

There will be a part two! I can promise you that. 

I think that's all that is needed. Enjoy!

~ ~ ~

P.O.V: M. Noah

Three knocks on the front door wake me, but I refuse to get up. It's too early! But whoever is at the door is determined because they keep knocking, getting more and more aggressive. So, with a heavy groan, I get out of bed. I make my way to the front door and hesitantly open it. I don't know who I expected it to be, but certainly not Michael. He's drenched, trying to use his Foxy mask to shield his face from the heavy rain, and his eyes are red and puffy. Panicked and concerned, I pull him inside and ease the door shut, then give him a huge hug.

"Mike, what're you doing here?" I ask him quietly after he pulls away from the hug.

He doesn't answer. He just shakes his head and wraps himself around me.

"Did you get in another fight with William?"

He shakes his head.

"What's upsetting you, then?"

He doesn't say anything, but he does whimper as if he's afraid. So that gives me a pretty big clue as to what I'm dealing with this time.

I pry him off of me, take his hand in mine, then lead him to my room. I close my bedroom door behind us, let go of him, and sit on my bed. Once I'm comfortable, I pat the spot next to me. He hesitates, but he climbs up next to me and pulls his legs up to his chest. He stays silent, not a single word coming out of his mouth, for quite a while. So much longer than usual, up to the point where I start to get worried he won't say anything.

"I should just leave," he says abruptly as he gets off my bed. "I don't even know why I came." He turns and starts to walk out of the door. "I'll see you at school, Noah."

He exits the room, leaving the door wide open.

"Wait, Mike, come back!" I call after him. I hop off my bed and run after him, then grab his hand and pull him back to me. "You don't have to leave. Stay here. I know that you don't want to go home right now."

"N-No, not really," he mumbles.

"Do you want Lava?"

He turns to me, surprised. "You still have him?"

"Uh-huh." I smile, then try to bring him back. "Come on, I'll dig him out for you."

He allows me to bring him back to my room. "I can't believe you kept him."

Time skip

P.O.V: Michael

Noah hands me the orange and black bunny that looks like molten lava. I hold the soft plush close, its soft ears rubbing against my face. It smells like baby powder and Noah's semi-potent cologne. And speaking of Noah, he climbs up next to me and wraps his arm around my shoulders, careful to not touch Lava. I snuggle up next to him and he chuckles, then grabs hold of my hand.

"Thanks for... this," I say quietly.

"You're welcome, Mikey." He leans his head against mine. "Do you wanna talk about it now?"

I hesitate. "I'm not here because of a fight with William."

"Then why are you here?"

When my eyes start to burn with tears, I rest my head on my knees and close my eyes. "Y-You know how Evan's birthday is in two weeks?"