Addiction <4>

Author's Note~

Warnings:
• Swearing

This should be the last part for this skit series.  :/
If it goes over four parts... I don't know what I'll do with myself. I guess I just really like this series!  xD

I'm sorry that this part took so long to get up! I've been kind of busy, so-

But yeah, that's all. Enjoy!

~ ~ ~

P.O.V: M. Noah

I help load Addie and Allison's overnight bags into the trunk of my car, then turn to Mike standing next to me. He hasn't put his bag in the car yet. Instead, he just stays there, back to the road, muscles tense as he stares up at his house. Well, Marilyn's house, now.

"Hey," I say with a little enthusiasm. I rest my hand on his shoulder and he relaxes some. "It'll all be okay. I promise."

He doesn't speak for a moment. "I know. It's just... weird. I've been wanting this for so long that it feels impossible that it's finally happening." He sighs. "I just don't know how to feel, I guess. I should feel happy that she's gone or sad that I don't have her anymore, but I don't. I feel like I've gone numb, I guess. You know what I mean, right?"

"I understand what you mean," I assure him. I pull him in for a hug, his back pressed against me. "But, again, it'll all be okay. You're probably still in shock at the fact that she said yes."

"I guess." Mike pulls away from the hug and puts his bag in the trunk, then slams it shut. He walks around the car and gets in, and I do the same.

I turn around to the girls in the back. "Are you all buckled?" I ask.

"Yeah," Al answers as Addie nods her head.

"Good." I turn back around to face Mike. "You ready, Mikey?"

Aaaaaand he's back to staring at the house. I sigh and tap his shoulder. He flinches and looks at me.

"You ready?" I repeat.

"Oh, yeah. Yes, I'm ready," he responds, a little bit of laughter in his voice.

Time skip

P.O.V: Michael

It's so weird being here for so long without going back. But I'll have to get used to it. It is my new normal, after all.

Someone knocks on my door and I set my pen down. "Come in," I call.

Noah opens the door and walks in. He shuts the door behind him and comes over to me. "How're you doing?"

"I'm fine, you?"

"I'm glad that she's finally gone. She should've said yes to the divorce years ago."

I shrug and go back to doing my work. But Noah grabs my hand with his and uses his other to make me look at him.

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asks worriedly. "You've been hiding up here ever since we got here."

"Yes, Noah, I'm sure." I pull away and go back to my work. "I've just got a lot of work to do. All these disappearances at the Pizzaplex, it's just..." I drop my pen, prop my elbows on my desk, and rest my head in my hands. "It's irritating. There's not even a single clue anywhere in the building. And then you've got all the different sinkholes popping up at Roxy Raceway, plus the parts I need to repair Bonnie."

"You seriously need a day off."

"I'm having a day off! You thought I was sick, so Vanessa's in charge all day while I'm sitting here getting work done on my mountains of paperwork." Noah looks at me knowingly, and I realize what I just said. "Oh."