Security Cameras <Ending Two>

P.O.V: M. Noah

When Allison bursts into the house from the back door, chaos erupts. She's crying, clinging to my leg, saying that her father is missing. I lift her onto my hip and hold her close, rubbing her back in a comforting manner.

"Hey, hey, hey!" I exclaim when she gets louder. "Calm down, Al. What's wrong? What do you mean, your dad's missing?"

"H-He's not h-he-here!" she cries aloud, holding me tightly.

"Just calm down. I'll call him, okay?" I set her down and pull my phone out of my pocket. I unlock it, scroll through my contacts, and call Mike's cell. It rings. And rings. And rings. Until, finally, it goes to voicemail. His phone isn't off, which I take as a good sign.

"He didn't answer, did he?" Addie asks. She gets up and hugs her sister when I shake my head. "Where do you think he could be? He knows he's not allowed to take your car, and he would've had to come in and get his wallet if he wanted a bus ticket."

"I-I don't know," I mumble. I hand Addie my phone. "Keep calling him. I'll check the house just to make sure he didn't come in without any of us noticing. If he answers, scream for me."

"I'm confused. What's going on?" Gregory asks.

"We can't find Michael," I tell him. "Could you help me look around the place?"

He nods his head and we get to work. After a while of searching, Addie shouts for me. I get to her as fast as I can, and she gives me my phone. It's ringing, and the caller ID says that it's Michael. I accept the call immediately and put my phone to my ear.

"Hello? Mike, is that you?"

"Uh, yeah, it's me. Who else would it be?" his voice says on the other line. He sounds rather annoyed, but I don't care. He's safe, he's okay. That's all that matters.

"Where are you okay? Are you okay?"

"I'm at the Fitzgeralds' to pick up Jeremy. I'll be back soon."

He hangs up before I can say anything else, so I call him. He answers right away.

"What do you want?" he asks.

"Why weren't you answering your phone?"

"I was riding my bike. I don't have a car, so I had to bike here."

"Oh." I chuckle quietly. "You didn't hurt yourself, did you? You're not the best when it comes to riding bikes."

"I'm fine." His response is so short and sudden that I don't know what to do with it.

"Um, okay. Well, let us know when you get home. We'll see you soon."

"I will." And he hangs up again.

"So he's okay?" Allison asks, finally letting go of her sister.

"He's fine," I tell the kids. "He's just picking up Jeremy. He had to take his bike."

"Oh. That makes sense," Addie says. She chuckles. "I hope he doesn't get hurt."

"I asked him about that, but he didn't say anything."

"When he gets back, are you guys going to take me home?" Gregory asks quietly.

I shrug. "Maybe. If Mike wants to, we will."

Time skip

P.O.V: Gregory

Beds are weird. They're so squishy and squeaky and loud. I've been living on the streets for so long that I've forgotten how to sleep in one. They're foreign to me. So are blankets. Sure, I use a torn newspaper from last year as one, but that's different. Newspapers are thin. Fragile. Small And they don't hold much heat. I'm burning up underneath this thing!