A Big Question {Future}

Author's Note~

Warnings
• Swearing

Yes, I meant to write that "future" in front of this skit's title. Because this is meant to take place in the future. This stupid little scene has been playing in my head for days. And it's so adorable! Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
...
I'm writing it.
You can't stop me.

This takes place after "A Night of Bad Memories," so Mike and Noah are dating. At this point, they have been for about half a year. "Unlikely Coincidences" (kinda obviously) happened, so EC has been living with them for a year now.

There's a fact in a skit I haven't posted yet that I have to mention. Noah has eleven siblings. Seven older adopted siblings, then four younger biological siblings. When he and his family moved to Nebraska, his sister died, leaving him with ten.

Here are his siblings because you may or may not need this for future reference:
- Kaila Jooly
- Mikayla Ann Ckrin (si-crin)
- Charles Peterson Naslimme
- Timothy Smithsoly
- Jackyll Smithsoly
- Alexandrai Jaimii Wurlgozin
- Sunnimae Clover Chilpriian
- [Noah goes here]
- Jacquelin Wanda Wright
- Pruitt Annalise Wright
- Katie Ann Wright
- Julietta Rosalyn Wright

Pruitt was the one that died in Nebraska.

Anyway, Sunnimae was born deaf. She has the option to use hearing aids, but she doesn't like the way they feel with her glasses on. She prefers to use sign language. Before Noah's parents adopted her, the whole family learned how to communicate using sign language. As the rest of the Wrights were born, they simply grew up speaking English, Spanish (Noah's mom is from Spain), and ASL.

There is a reason why I just told you all of that.

That's all, I think! I hope you enjoy the skit!

~ ~ ~

P.O.V: Michael

"Daddy!" Addie shrieks, banging on my office door again. "Daddy!"

"Addie, I'm busy!" I shout, starting to get irritated. She and Allison have been banging on my door since they woke up at six o'clock this morning, which is a lot earlier than usual. I've no idea why, but it's started to get on my nerves. I'm trying to work, dang it!

My office door opens and I groan, slumping in my chair. Stupid Vanessa took off the lock when I had a bad flashback once and wouldn't let her in, making her pick the lock with one of Addie's bobby pins. (Why does she know how to do that? I have no idea.) A week later, she came back over and took off the door handles and replaced them with unlockable ones so they can't lock anymore. That way, in case something like that ever happened again, everyone

"Goodness," Noah mumbles. "If you don't want me here, I can leave."

Jeez. I've never heard him so glum. I didn't mean to sound so mad--I'm just annoyed that my daughters won't leave me alone for an insignificant purpose.

"No. No, you're fine. You can stay," I tell him. "Is something wrong? You're not acting like your usual self."

"I'm going to take the kids to pick up Gregory, then take them all to Token Gala for an hour or two. After that, I'll take them out to lunch and we can go to the park afterward. That way we'll be out of your hair so you can concentrate," he tells me. He completely dodged my question. "Jeremy called the landline since your phone is on silent. His dad will be dropping him off here around three since his flight is at six."

"Hey." I stand up and step closer to him. He looks at me with unease, so I take a small step back. "Is everything all right? You've been acting weird all week. Is something wrong? Did anything happen?"