The Promotion Exams!

Vellian Crowler was stomping all around the Duel Academy hall. It was a full month after the first day of the school and the worst part of it? Jaden, the Slifer Slacker of Duel Academy, is still here, walking around without a care in the world.

"I can't believe it! A month has gone this year and I still haven't gotten that slacker expelled!" yelled Crowler so loud, Sheppard could hear it in his office. "I have tried everything! Getting him in the Girl dorm, showing him litter, getting in public fights, picking up my hard earned money only for him to throw it away and so much more!"

Crowler kicked a trash can out of pure rage...only to pick it up not wanting to get fired. He doesn't know how that slacker even came here...oh wait.

Crowler always boasts about this Academy and his Obelisk Blue students, only to have him come along and ruin his mood, day and reputation of the school.

Hell, he even sent in some Obelisks to duel him, but they got their ass beat by him in only 2 turns.

Sure, there is also Celina, who is constantly beating up the Obelisk Blues left and right, Syrus who can't even answer the simplest of Duel questions and Chumley who is still a Slifer despite being a third year. But to him they don't matter. He can just promote them to Ra and even to Obelisk, even Chumley he can promote, with his amazing artistic skills.

But then he had an awful idea, which he got a devilish grin on his face. The only person he hasn't dueled by the first years is the heir of one of the biggest companies on the planet, The Princeton Company, Chazz Princeton.

He really needed to talk to Chancellor Sheppard about some promotion exams, which can take about a week.

He knocked on the door of Sheppard's office and opened it. He saw Sheppard in his office.

"Ahh, Doctor Crowler. What do I owe the pleasure?" asked Sheppard as Crowler got closer to his table.

"Well, I was wondering about the promotion exams." Sheppard leaned in as Crowler continued, "A week later, and we have them. So I was wondering about Jaden Yuki. You know how really good is about dueling, despite his grades."

"Ahh yes. How could I not!? He is the most promising freshman, with an amazing dueling record." Crowler tried his best not to cringe when he heard that, "Beating over 20 Obelisk students in two weeks and a couple of Ras! But I was wondering, why are you interested in him?"

"Well, I was thinking about making him duel Chazz Princeton." Sheppard was intrigued, confused, but intrigued not the least, "It can be the final duel of the promotion exams to see what two most promising freshmen are made of. And if Jaden wins, he can automatically be promoted to Ra Yellow. So what do you think about it?"

Sheppard had a soft smile on his face and clapped his hands, "Great idea, Crowler! We will make that happen! But we won't inform them, understand?" Crowler nodded his head, "Good, now take care."

Crowler left the room with a happy smile on his face with no malice whatsoever. "Jaden Yuki, you will soon meet your most humiliating defeat!" He then started laughing.

A week later

It was a bright, sunny Friday morning. For some, it was just another day of the Academy, for some it was the day when they get new cards, but for others, the day that they can be upgraded to a better dorm.

Some woke up early to get to Duel Academy, only to not be opened. They must figure that they will come later today.

Case in point. Military submarines, helicopters and planes all flew towards Duel Academy. Their mission was the most difficult thing any person can do, delivering cards for some card-hungry beasts they call Duel Academy students.