The Formula For Success

Authors Note:

It's time for my boy Bastion to SHINE! While he is not in my top 5 favourite characters in GX, the way he was treated after the school duel arc is a slap on the face so don't worry Bastion/Daichi fans! He will be treated way better here than in Canon. Also there will be 2 duels in here, both featuring Bastion.

I am gonna warn you that Chazz's part of the story will make you feel bad for him, including me and I wrote this chapter. Hope you guys enjoy!

Bastion was tapping his pencil on a sheet of paper with math functions written on it, he was doing attack mode calculations. While he was in a class, and it was extremely rude not to listen to a teacher while they were lecturing you, they were in Professor Stein's class. The History teacher.

He excelled the class with high grades, as pretty much any class he was a part of, and in his opinion, with no offence whatsoever, Stein did pretty much have, how would he put it, oh yes, a boring voice that could put anyone into sleep.

He looked over to prove his opinion right to see that the only sleeping there, as usual, is Jaden, the Slifer Red, with Syrus almost falling asleep, but a glare from Celina was all that put him awake.

He looked over towards the Obelisk Blue section of the class to see Alexis being the only one who was actually paying attention, while Jasmine and Mindy were whispering to each other. Chazz looked at his table, contemplating what his brothers said to him last week, with none of his goons with him, probably because he lost to a Red of all people.

Bastion didn't like that, sure he was a Ra Yellow and would love to be an Obelisk, but that doesn't mean he would treat anyone differently because they wore a different colour uniform, that wasn't fair.

Bastion looked over towards the dark dreadlocks haired professor with two round glasses on his book, lecturing the war on Sparta. Bastion knew what happened and what important people were in the war so he turned to his paper and continued to write as Stein continued with his lecturing.

"Hmm, where was I right now? Ahh yes the attack mode quantum mechanics and how the most favorable options would be." thought Bastion as he ignored the ringbell which meant that it is now gym class and everyone left to the gym, "While I do think Equip Spells are important for certain decks and are a good way to increase the attack of the monster it is very inconsistent and could ruin your whole strategy."

"Bastion," said Stein as the Ra Yellow continued to work on his calculations.

"While they are searchable in most cases, the Equip Spells would only work on one monster at a time. Monster effects of increasing attacks aren't inherently good, but as long as they have effects that either negate effects or return cards they could be useful in your deck."

"Bastion."

"I think Field Spells would be perfect for the attack boosting effect since it does affect the entire field and always has a good effect, like protecting your monsters, negation, resources and so much more. Not to mention the-"

"Bastion Misawa," Stein walked up towards Bastion, "You are gonna be late in your gym class."

"Oh, bollocks. Thank you Professor Stein!" Bastion stood up as he went outside of the room. He ran towards the changing room for the boys, changed his uniform and put a yellow tie around his left arm.

He went inside the gym room, with his arm upright, "Please hold it!" Everyone stopped what they were doing at their baseball game, he went to the students with yellow ties to represent the Ra Yellow. "Sorry I was late, I was doing attack mode quantum mechanics and I lost the track of time!" He really needs to thank Stein better later. He felt like someone was looking at him funny when he said quantum mechanics, probably someone from Obelisk Blue.