A Promotion?

It has been a week of the new year of Duel Academy and things have been going swimmingly for the gang.

They have gained a new schedule for the class which got them interested in how Yusho, of all people, could teach something like Duel Alchemy, but instead he did something different.

He taught a way of dueling called Dueltainment and how it is like for a Dueltainer like himself to perform during a duel and it was actually quite simple to learn. The first and main thing about dueltainment is not only for you to have fun during a duel, but also the opponent, the crowd and heck even the monsters, which was weird for the 98% of the student body as they were the only ones not to understand the very idea of Duel Spirits while Jaden, Chazz and Yusuke nodded in understanding.

Yusuke and Jaden only did have one duel spirit partner, Honest and Winged Kuriboh respectfully, while Chazz had a whole deck with him from the Dark Scorpions to the Ojamas and it felt like every time he added a monster to his deck, he gets to see more duel spirits which was crazy to him. The three looked at their monsters and learned that during the duels, the ones were their lives weren't at stake, they had fun during the duels so they wouldn't worry about that part at least.

He also began explaining how it was for him to stand out as the first dueltainer, and it was not a bad story, but not a very intriguing story for them to learn about it. In short, he started out with a duelist with a dream and a hope of getting people to love dueling not for winning, but for having fun, so over the years he wanted to perfect a dueling for everyone can be happy, dueltainment.

And thankfully, as the audience were impressed by his skills as a duelist, they quickly got to love his style of dueling as it was different from others and it was a joy to watch in real life and especially when he plays his favourite Spell card, Smile World.

He also began talking about a dream of having a different style of dueling that was similar to the one that they currently have where duelist could collect cards to save themselves in a pinch with a new vibrant background while playing the game and the holograms were that as if they were real. He called them Action Duels, but considering that would take years to make it possible, it was only a dream.

After the first period of having him, he then introduced the class to his assistant who will be helping, as the gang were then shocked to see Dennis McField walking up to him, still wearing the same outfit as usual as he began to introduced himself and began explaining that over the years, he will help Yusho in any way that he could see fit and might even duel from time to time.

It was... shocking to learn that a former Shadow Rider, the Entertainer Rider, was able to get a job where he works as the assistant to one of the greatest duelists at the current moment, but hey, miracles do happen.

Other than the class that they had, they had a normal time during it, but it felt good to finally be older than at least of one grade, except for Yusuke who was about 3 years older than the current freshmen, as they could have some respect unlike last year.

But, it didn't mean that it wasn't the same as last year per se, as Celina, Jaden, Chazz and Syrus were all challenged by the first year Obelisk Blues as they thought to show how much better they were than the rest, they thought schooling the strongest Slifer Reds would work for them.

Bastion, Alexis and Yusuke had to get some popcorn as Celina, Jaden and Chazz all handed their ass on a silver plate as they destroyed them in less than 4 turns as VWXYZ - Dragon Catapult Cannon, Lunalight Leo Dancer and Elemental HERO Flame Wingman attacked at the same time while Syrus was on the ground going up and down.

Jaden was the only nice one in the group as he tried to cheer them up by forcing him to use his ace, but the other two just kept flaming the ones that they defeated.