Who Will Represent Duel Academy?

Ever since it was announced that there would be the school duel, last week, almost every student was training themselves to get into the school duel and represent Duel Academy. Either by studying for the next test or dueling other students.

Well almost everyone, Zane didn't want to be in the school duel because he wanted to see how the new generation of Duelists would handle their duels without him, Syrus really didn't want to have such a big boulder in his shoulders, Chumley really didn't care for dueling, he would rather be an artist.

There were three students who were trying their best to succeed and represent; Bastion, Celina and Jaden.

Bastion was going through all of his decks, to his Chemical archetype to his Nepthys deck. He went through all of the calculations to see what will be the best deck to bring in the school duel and duel to be the representative.

Celina was going to the Card Shop, buying new packs for her deck, getting very good Traps and Spells, and the occasional Monster and she deck built her entire deck once again.

Jaden didn't have a strategy to be the best, he decided to duel more students like Dimitri and some Obelisk Blues while also getting new cards for his deck. He was the most relaxed out of any of the students that wanted to duel the best in North Academy.

This was going on for several days now and the teachers needed to pick a student. Each of the homeroom teachers, Banner, Satyr, Fonda and Crowler, had folders of the students from their dorm that would be the most likely to represent them. It was a meeting of all of the teachers, proctors, Sheppard and even Zane was there to discuss who would represent them.

"Now, then," started off Sheppard as he got everyone's attention, "We all know why we are here?" Everyone nodded, "Good. We need a student that would represent Duel Academy in our upcoming school duel." Marco raised his hand, "Yes, Professor Marco?"

"I don't want to sound rude here, but why is Truesdale here?" he pointed at Zane, who was close to the door, "Not that I mind of course, I am just curious."

Zane looked at the teacher, "I am here to inform all of you that I would decline the offer of being the representative. While it is interesting, I wanted to see how the juniours would handle this."

"WHAT?!" Crowler shrieked when he heard that, his best student, the pride of Duel Academy, The Kaiser of the school, didn't want to represent them?! All of the other students in Obelisk Blue were nothing, but chumps that had their ego up their asses. "You can't be serious!"

While the other teachers were shocked at the news, they understood what he meant by that, Satyr did mention that a first year Slifer was beating his first, second and third year Ras in a row. They wanted to see how the freshmen could handle this.

"Chancellor, please tell me he is joking!" yelled out Crowler as Sheppard laughed.

"No, he isn't. But there is something that even if Zane wanted to represent us, I couldn't accept." said Sheppard as everyone, other than Zane, looked at him.

"And that is?" asked Stein.

"They are using a first year student to represent them! I wanted to be fair with the duel so I would only accept first years from all of the dorms." explained Sheppard as the homeroom teachers took out most of the folders and they ended up with only 1 folder, only Banner had two folders, "So, I want to hear what students you would like to represent us."

Fonda began first, "I would like to see Alexis Rhodes represent us in the school duel. Her dueling style is very versatile in many ways and has enough ways to defeat her opponent, even during their turns with cards like Doble Passe. Not to mention it would be nice to see a Ritual focus deck user to represent us."