Time Off

It was a couple of days after the duel and the end of the Venom Rider, Yuri, and it was extremely painful for Zane, Jaden, Yusuke and Celina that they could not tell them about the person or what happened in it, because, well, how do you describe that?

You can't just say: Just so you know, the reason why you were all in the school and waking up with some headache was because there was a Shadow Rider coming and destroying everyone in his way, turning them all into Duel Monsters cards and the entire school was destroyed by three dragons that were Fusion, XYZ and a new summoning method, beating all of them, breaking most of your bones and then a strange green light appeared inside and outside of the Duel Academy making everyone that lost to the Venom Rider, not making them scarred for life.

Sure it was a bit selfish of them to do something like this since they knew that they had to know, but at the same time, they don't know how to make it not sound threatening and scary.

Yuri, The Venom Rider, was the hardest person to defeat and the strongest of the Shadow Riders to defeat. Hell, making it so that he has less than half of his life points before the last turn would be impressive against someone like him.

They felt like not even Kite, the person that mastered XYZ summoning to the fullest, was able to make a draw on his opponent's turn, able to turn the tide of the duel pretty much every turn, was able to have an amazing advantage during the duel and even while holding back felt like he was still in the control of the duel, would've been able to defeat the Venom Rider without help.

Or hell, they don't think that any of the other Shadow Riders, Dennis to Nightshroud, could've done anything to him if they combined as he was much more powerful than the others.

The only thing that they could even say on what happened during the time they were sleeping is that somehow, in someway that didn't sound like complete bullshit, was that the Shadow Rider was able to defeat Bastion and Alexis in a tag duel, which they didn't even remember, and the even more terrifying and scary news is that Zane lost to him, but Celina was able to defeat him shortly after, which they were a little shocked and impressed with the feat.

They were extremely glad that this Shadow Rider war is almost done and the only one left was one more Shadow Rider, but at the same time there were 2 Key Keepers left, Celina and Jaden, which was worrying since they were scared, sans Zane, that the Final Rider would be the toughest of them all.

Jaden and Chazz, who was released from the infirmary after the day the Venom Rider was defeated, thought back to the time of The Vampire Rider in which a man by the name of Amneal showed up and nearly killed Yusuke with his potion thing and told everyone about it to be on the lookout for that person.

After a while, it was currently a week before a special event on Duel Academy, a very special event for all Duel Monster spirits as The Dark Scorpions, Ojamas, Bubbleman, Honest, Winged Kuriboh couldn't stop talking about the event.

It was an event where people that were related or friends with the students of Duel Academy to come down and enjoy their one day at Academy Island with a boat paid from Seto Kaiba himself that only happened every 2 years, in which they celebrate the Spirits of the Duel Monsters, even though it did sound extremely silly to most students like Zane, Bastion and Yusuke, they still respected that event, more so to the Kaiser and Emperor of Duel Academy since it did remind it of their best friend, Atticus.

It was the only day of two years where Duel Monsters spirits could go into the world and interact with the humans, which some of the monsters couldn't stop talking about.

From Chazz's side, he had to cover up his ears from the sounds of his monsters and how they can't wait. He respected them and cared for them, but gods are they annoying. They talked about how they can't wait to hang out with the Boss, even though they are with him 24/7, 365.25 days, but he shrugged it off.