P R O L O G U E

Aemond Targaryen's P.O.V.

"Come on, brother. She really needs a place to stay."

"No. Absolutely not."

I snort at my oldest brother's latest dumb idea while walking towards the fridge. Apparently, there is a waitress at Aegon's favorite bar, The First Men's bar and grill, who can't afford rent for her apartment because her now ex-boyfriend left her high and dry. So, Aegon wants to take her in and give her the spare room in our house.

We don't even pay rent to live here. Our mother bought this place for us to live here while attending Andals University. If this waitress can't even pay rent for her apartment, then she sure as fuck can't afford a room in this house.

"Listen, this girl is a beauty, ten out of ten beautiful... And I already talked with Daeron and he's on board with her moving in."

Aegon argues lightly while following me to the fridge, and I roll my eyes at his pitiful argument. I can understand why our youngest brother would agree to this; he'd agree to help anyone in need like the sucker he is. Though, it's obvious now that my oldest brother only wants this because of what is underneath the waitress's apron.

"Daeron is basically our fourth dog. He doesn't get a say on house decisions." I comment lazily while opening the fridge and grabbing a drink. Closing the fridge, I then send my idiotic brother a knowing look and point out. "... Also, don't think I don't see what you're trying to do. If you want a piece of ass, then get one, and not one so poor she can't even afford an apartment."

"Have a heart." Aegon groans and pretends I didn't just catch him red-handed of the real reason he wants the waitress to move in. Raising a single brow at him, I nod briefly and say in a challenging voice. "Why don't we see if our mother will have a heart-"

"No! Don't tell her! You know she'll flip out if someone from Silk Street is bunking with us." He speaks up quickly in fear that I'll call our mother and tell her about his intentions. Glaring at him and shaking my head, I snort in disbelief. "Silk Street? She lives on Silk Street and still can't afford-"

"Just... For once, don't be a stick in the mud. She'll be here any moment to see the house and you'll understand why I offered her the spare room." Aegon declares while pointing at me seriously, as if he's trying to intimidate me. Tilting my head bored, I watch him as he blurts out in utter frustration. "Come on, Aemond. I promise you'll love her. She's great, sexy, and she doesn't treat me like a big shot Targaryen. Let me have this!"

I frown at his confession just as I hear the doorbell ring and Aegon instantly lights up from knowing that's the waitress. Taking in a deep breath, I try to understand what game this girl is playing, since most people in King's Landing treat us like royalty because of our family's company. My brother and I may be in college, but that doesn't stop the city from seeing us as important people.

So how come this waitress isn't treating my brother the same as everyone else in this city?

"Wow... Aegon. You didn't tell me you lived on the beach."

I suddenly hear a woman's voice when the front door opens, followed by Aegon's nervous laughter. Listening to the movement in the other room, I lean on the kitchen island and take a sip of my drink. The sound of shoving and hitting grows just as the woman announces in shock.

"I can't even afford to stand in a place like this. Why would you offer me the spare room?"

After a moment of listening to Aegon's chuckles and lazy slaps, I see the women wandering into the livingroom of our home. With wide baby doe eyes, she scans every expensive thing in the room like it's a museum and has yet to notice me in the kitchen. Clenching my jaw and ranking my eye over the girl, I find myself agreeing with Aegon's past statement.