F O R T Y - E I G H T

Daeron's P.O.V.

"Oh, no... Shit. Sweetheart, I messed up a nail."

"Again?"

Cordelia sighs while glancing over her shoulder to find Aegon inspecting the black nail polish on his thumb. He has a mix drink in his hand and I'm sure if we inspected the glass cup, we would find his nail polish accidentally scraped on the edge. Smirking at my oldest brother, I watch him pick up the black nail polish on the coffee table like he plans to fix his nails by himself.

"I'll fix it, Aegon. Don't worry." Delia hums with an assuring tone before facing back towards me. "Just as soon as I'm finished with Daeron's nails."

Currently, she's painting my nails with forest green nail polish, and I think I'm pulling it off for a guy. Tonight is our monthly girl's night, and Aemond did not get an invitation this time for obvious reasons. We made long island ice teas, put one of Cordelia's Rom-Com movies on the living room TV, and are painting our nails while wearing purple face masks with our hair in messy braids.

The end of the month girl's night has become quite the tradition in this house.

Aemond's taking a shower at the moment since he got off work late tonight, but I know he's just taking a shower and staying in the office late to distract himself. It's been a week since he's been back home and Cordelia is not making living here with her easy on him. It's been a hell of a week for everyone, but at least Aegon and my relationship with Cordelia are still going on strong. 

For someone who is the definition of sugar and honey, Delia is showing us she can be as vicious as a stray cat when she wants to be... But still somehow in an adorable way.

In the past week, Cordelia pulled over a dozen pranks on Aemond, each one more mischievous than the last. For as long as we have known Cordelia, none of us expected or imagined she would have the guts to cause such shenanigans. Aemond, Aegon, and I haven't said a word about her many tricks, but we're all silently hoping it's helping her with this living situation.

With any luck, these pranks will help her move on.

The pranks against Aemond started with simply shaking a soda before he opened it, putting pudding in his shoes, and sprinkling glitter all over his bed. Then, they became bigger schemes, like taking out screws from his desk chair and putting a red shirt in with his white clothes. So far the most problematic prank Cordelia did to Aemond is break his doorknob to his bedroom so he couldn't get out to go for work, but no one said a thing about it from seeing her winning double-dimple grin.

As long as Cordelia seems like she's doing better, we'll let her do literally anything.

"I'm confused... How did she not know she's a princess?" I mumble while glancing from my forest green nails to the movie Cordelia picked out. Aegon groans from hearing my question while repainting his thumb nail and answers with boredom in his tone. "Her mom and grandmother kept it a secret all this time. Come on, keep up."

"I still don't get it. There is no way she wouldn't have found out sooner-"

"What. The. Fuck... Cordelia!"

The second we hear Aemond shouting like a madman from the upstairs bathroom, Aegon and I lock our gaze on each other with wide eyes. However, Cordelia acts as if she heard nothing and continues to paint my middle finger with her nail polish. I'm about to open my mouth to figure out why Aemond is yelling when I hear him stomping down the staircase like there is a house fire.

Then, listening to him storming into the living room, I watch Aegon spit out his mixed drink and cough for air while struggling to breathe. Cordelia doesn't even glance up from my nails and she even pretends not to feel the tension in the room because of how Aemond entered. Just as I turn my head to face Aemond, I hear him exclaim in stutters like he's on the verge of losing his shit.