F O R T Y

Aemond's P.O.V.

"Morning, his place... Burnt toast, Sunday. You keep his shirt, he keeps his word... And for once you let go of your fears and your ghosts. One step, not much, but it said enough."

A feather soft melody fills my ears, waking my thoughts, making my muscles stretch to the sound. With my body stirring under the bedsheets, I brush my arm over one side of the bed, unconsciously searching for her. However, all my hand finds are cold sheets and an empty spot where my baby girl should be.

"You kiss on sidewalks. You fight, then you talk. One night he wakes... Strange look on his face. Pauses, then says... You're my best friend." As if answering the question in my mind, gentle singing swims through the bedroom, calling me awake. "And you knew what it was... He is in love."

Humming to myself to break out of my sleeping state of mind, I sit up in bed and rub my face awake before glancing around the room. I'm alone in the bedroom suite with ruined sapphire underwear, my jumbled suit pants, and pillows littering the floor around me. Running my fingers through my hair, I suddenly realize the soothing melody and delicate singing I hear is coming from the bathroom off to my side.

"You can hear it in the silence... You can feel it on the way home.

I suddenly hear Cordelia singing within the bathroom and her faint giggling between each note she hums. With one of my eyebrows raising in curiosity, I push the sheets off me and drag myself out of bed. Following the music like it's drawing me in with a spell, I step into the bathroom as I listen to Cordelia sing in pretty whispers.

"You can see it with the lights out... You are in love. True love."

My breath catches when I see her, when I hear her, and feel my heart flutters as I take in the sight before me. There's a mug on the bathroom counter with her phone in it as a song plays for her to sing along. Then in the jacuzzi bathtub, with a billion bubbles surrounding her, making her look tiny in the water, is Cordelia.

"... And so it goes, you two are dancing in a snow globe round and round... And he keeps a picture of you in his office downtown."

Cordelia sings with a dimple smile while playing with the bubbles, not noticing I'm in the bathroom with her yet. Smirking and holding back a laugh, I watch her put a big handful of bubbles on top of her head before gathering more and trying to build a tower. Moving her wet hair out of the way, she gathers more bubbles to play with while humming sweetly.

"And you understand now why they lost their minds and fought the wars... And why I've spent my whole life trying to put it into words."

Then, not being able to stop myself even if I tried, I shuffle to the bathtub and loom over her until she realizes she has an audience. When her gaze catches me out of the corner of her eyes, they go wide and she frantically tries to take the bubbles off the top of her head. I chuckle faintly and watch a pretty bright blush grow on her face when our eyes meet while listening to the little love song coming from the mug.

Cause you can hear it in the silence.
You can feel it on the way home.
You can see it with the lights out.
You are in love.

"A... Aemond." Cordelia squeaks out with burning red cheeks while petting the bubbles out of her hair. When I do nothing but smile down at her, she blurts like I've caught her red-handed. "You were still asleep, and I found bubbles in one of the drawers- And I felt... Icky after last night... I would have woken you up, but you seemed so-"

Cutting off her cute little ramble, I lean forward and rest my lips on top of hers while bringing a hand to cup her chin. She sighs into the kiss, tilts her head further up to feel everything, and raises a hand out of the water to hold my wrist. Pulling back only an inch, I smirk at her while petting her jaw with my thumb and mumbling.