T W E N T Y - F O U R

Cordelia's P.O.V.

"Are you sure this isn't too much?"

"No way." I blurt out with a laugh while touching up her eyeshadow. "We're going to be the head-turners at every party. That's how good we are going to look as a group."

Helaena grins at me with her eyes closed as I continue to fade out the light green eyeshadow. We're in my bedroom as I do her Halloween makeup and the guys are hanging out downstairs as we fix ourselves up for the parties. The two of us have been getting ready for the last hour, and all the brothers have been waiting patiently in their Neverland costumes.

"We're going to have the best costumes. I swear it." I announce while grabbing the red lipstick and lighting dotting Helaena's lips. "Hell, I swear it on Aemond's last eye."

Giggling in a fit, Helaena pulls her head back, so she doesn't mess me up as I finish her bright red lips. Grinning at the best Targaryen sibling, I close the lipstick and pick up a hand mirror on my desk for her to see my work. Gasping as she looks at herself in the mirror, Helaena murmurs like we enter another world.

"Whoa... I really do look like Tinker Bell."

"I told you!"

I shout playfully while pretending to be annoyed before setting the mirror back on my desk and wiggling an eyebrow at her. Helaena's hair is in a perfectly neat high bun with bright red lips and light green eyeshadow. She's wearing the Tinker Bell green dress from the cartoon movie with sparkly wings and black slippers. 

"Would you girls hurry?" Aegon shouts from downstairs like he can't sit still any longer. "Arryk's party started half an hour ago! Come on, let's go-"

"Give us a minute!"

Helaena and I holler together as one, making us laughing afterwards from hearing our sassy tone towards the eldest brother. Sighing and winking at Helaena, I then put on my light blue headband with the eagle feather before standing up to get my shoes. Going to my closet, I grab my matching light blue slippers and shove them on my feet while hopping around my room.

I'm wearing a tan, worn-out dress that has tons of fringes and off the shoulder sleeves. My hair is in two messy braids and tied with light blue ribbons to complete the look. Though I do not look as good as Helaena, I tie off the Neverland theme for the Targaryen siblings.

"I still cannot believe Aemond actually got the costume." Helaena thinks while grabbing her green purse and stuffing the essentials inside. "How long did you have to play with his hair for him to agree?"

Frowning at her words, I bite back a groan while thinking of the reason Aemond actually bought the Captain Hook costume. Instead of hashing out our last two unspoken talks, Aemond purchased the costume to make me happy and prove he doesn't reject all my ideas. There is no good way of explaining to Helaena how I managed to pull off this plan without telling her the entire reason or the little simple truth that would make her want to know more.

"Oh... You know, he's secretly a softy. It didn't take long." 

I say vaguely to not have her pry into something Aemond will not even pry into with me. Not meeting her gaze, I stand in front of my wall mirror and tinker with my hair. Noticing how my behavior is off for half a second, Helaena stares at me questionably through the mirror while jumping off the chair.

"Mhm... Lets hear it. What he do?"

Helaena sighs as if she's a mother and one of her kids did something again to the neighbors down the street. Gulping on nothing as she wanders towards me, I shrug my shoulders like I don't understand what she's talking about while innocently messing with the tips of my braids. Sending me a bored expression, Helaena comes to stand in front of me and helps adjust my dress while repeating in a sour tone.