S I X

Cordelia's P.O.V.

"Come on... Come on."

I mumble under my breath as I reach for a coffee mug in the cabinet on my tiptoes. Usually one of the brothers will grab one for me in the morning, but all of them are still in their rooms. I made the coffee this morning, and it is ready for me to drink, if only I had a mug.

Outstretching my arm as far as it will go, I feel the side of a glass mug skim against my fingertips. Letting out a defeated breath and trying to find a handle for a mug, an idea suddenly occurs to me. I could climb up onto the counter and grab a mug; the act would be embarrassing if a brother saw me, but I'm officially desperate for my morning coffee.

Lowering my arm and putting both hands on the bar, I move to lift myself onto the counter. However, just before I hike myself up, I see a broad hand passing over my head to the coffee mug shelf. Someone's chest brushes my back as the hand easily grabs a mug and lowers it for me to grab. 

"Thanks." 

I sigh while taking the mug and turning around to find Aemond behind me. Sweeping my eyes over his attire, I realize he's in work clothes on a Sunday morning. My eyes bug out at the sight of his outfit and I blurt out as he goes to get himself a mug.

"You're going to work today? It's Sunday."

"I just need to go in for a few hours and take care of a few things." He explains while lowering his arm with a mug in hand and taking a step back from my personal space. Grabbing the full coffee pot, he comments casually while leaning on the counter. "I won't be gone long... I just need to make sure everything is in order for me to go back to part time when classes start."

"They start tomorrow... Aemond." I point out knowingly, and Aemond smirks in amusement at hearing my tone. Pouring coffee into his mug before filling mine for me, he nods and repeats playfully. "Yes, Baby girl. They start tomorrow."

Sending him a dramatically bored expression from seeing how he's teasing me, I then grab the creamer and fix up my coffee. Aemond stands closely beside me and does the same like it is any other day. Though, this is the last day of summer and nothing about it feels like any other day to me.

I'm nervous about my first day at Andals, but at least it is not my first day in college. I attended a community college in Essos for over a year before finding out I qualify for a scholarship at Andals. The Aegon and Aemond have been going to Andals for years now, so tomorrow is no big deal to them.

... Not to mention, I'm an English major and the brothers are in business majors.

Odds are, I won't see much of the brothers because of our types of majors and I'll spend most of the class days without them. Not only that, but I've never gone to an official university before and I'm not sure what to expect. So overall, tomorrow is a big day for me since I won't have the boys and I don't have an idea of what a lavish college is like in the real world.

Luckily, I'm more excited than nervous and ready than ever.

"When do you think you'll be back?" I ask innocently while lifting my mug to my lips and facing Aemond. Cocking an eyebrow at me, Aemond leans on the counter and answers my question with a question. "Why do you want to know?"

"It the last day of summer." I murmur with a smirk before taking a sip of my overly creamed coffee. Leaning on the counter the same way Aemond is doing, I suggest while already knowing his response. "We could all do something together. Make the most of today while we can."

"Hm. What do you have in mind?" Aemond mutters while lifting his mug to his wide lips and my eyes instantly light up from not hearing his usual immediate rejection. With my mouth hanging open in shock, I lean closer to him and gasp dramatically. "Aemond Targaryen... Are you actually considering doing something fun with me?"