F O U R T E E N

Daeron's P.O.V.

"Ah! I'm so proud of you!" Cordelia squeals as I step out into the parking lot. "You did great, Daeron!"

Grinning at the sight of her waiting for me after the game, I drop my bag and race over to her. My team is flooding out of the locker-room, already chatting about celebrating our victory with a party at one of their houses. Laughing while watching me rush up to her, Cordelia spreads her arms to give me a hug.

Chuckling in pure bliss that she was here to see my first win for the Andal's baseball team, I scoop her into a hug and off her feet while spinning her around. Her laughs get all the more contagious as I twirl us around and she holds onto my shoulder with one hand while trying to balance something in her other hand. My smile brightens at her lively attitude and I abruptly understand why she made a big stink about having family coming to see me play.

It meant the world to me... Seeing her cheer and watch me the entire game.

Whenever I looked over at her during the game, she was waving her sign or cheering me on. Seeing her at the game for me had lifted my spirits and made my day in a way I'll never forget. It made this victory even more special because she was there to see it and now I see what I've been missing in my past baseball games.

"Did you hear me? I was shouting for half the game." Cordelia asks as I drop her back down on her feet. "My lungs are going to be soar tomorrow morning."

"Oh, I heard you." I laugh while looping an arm around her shoulders and dramatically shoving her face into my chest. "Everyone heard you, Delia-"

"Yeah, yeah. We get it. She was louder than a cop car." I suddenly hear my oldest brother speak up in a lazy voice. "So... Party? Who's throwing the victory party?"

"Oh, lord." 

My other brother snaps before I hear shoving from behind Cordelia, and my eyebrow raises in surprise. Glancing over Cordelia's shoulder, I find my two brothers a few feet away from us side by side as if they're impatiently waiting to leave. Smirking at the sight of them here, I loosen my hold on our roommate and comment with oozing sarcasm.

"Huh... You two decided to come after all. What changed your mind?"

"They wanted to support you, Daeron. Like family should." 

Cordelia answers for my brothers and my smirk only thickens from knowing they didn't come for me. My brothers are head over heels for this girl and sat through my entire game just because she was pouting this morning. I swear if Cordelia asked for their left nut, they'd probably give it to her in on a silver platter.

"Oh, and look... Aemond finished making my brownies so I can give them to your team." 

Cordelia then adds, with her eyes lighting up as she lifts the plate in her hand. With my smile firmly in place, I let my lips part slightly in astonishment before darting my eyes over at the big softie. Rolling his eyes, Aemond glances away from us as if he will not be a part of this moment and is just waiting for Cordelia to get in his car so he can drive them home.

"Guys, hey! Wait!" I call out to my teammates that are about to pack up into cars. Waving them over to where I'm standing with Cordelia, I announce to no one in particular. "Someone baked us brownies. Come try one before you leave."

"Brownies? What kind of brownies are we talking about here?"

"Special brownies?"

Most of my team jogs over to us, all staring at Cordelia's plate of brownies with a unique expression. The guys surround us to look at the plate, and I can feel Aemond shuffle closer to Cordelia out of a protective instinct. Taking off the plastic covering, Cordelia declares while lifting her plate up as an offering to my friends.