F O R T Y - F O U R

Cordelia's P.O.V.

"Sweetheart, you're crying again."

"I can't help it... I'm sick and we're watching the Sound of music."

I sniffle before grabbing a tissue and loudly blowing my nose, making Aegon do the same as a precaution for his runny nose. Together we toss our snot covered napkins into the mini trashcan by the bed that is already full of gross infected things. Then, wiping my sick tears on Aegon's shirt, I curl back into him and pull up our blanket to my chin.

"The oldest daughter is kinda hot. What's her name again?" Aegon mumbles with a groggy voice while wrapping his arms around my waist. Rolling my eyes and pushing his icy blond hair away from my face, I mumble tiredly. "Even when you're sick, you think with your dick."

"Just be lucky I haven't got a boner yet. I still get them when I feel like I'm dying, you know."

Aegon chokes out before grabbing a cough drop from the nightstand and popping it into his mouth. I've been sick since I came home from walking in the rain, and Aegon caught my sickness the night he took care of me. Despite Daeron's suggestion of us seeing a doctor because we're experiencing flu-like symptoms, Aegon and I firmly decided against it.

It's been three days since the talk of going to a clinic, and both of us are still hellbent on not going to see a doctor. Aegon and I both hate going to places like hospitals, plus we rather sulk in bed and eat the medicine we have at home like candy until we feel better. If I'm being honest, I'm glad Aegon got sick with me, so I'm not alone in my misery and I have him for a distraction.

The two of us have been camping out in his bedroom for the last three days and watching movies together. We have all the medicine we could need on the nightstand, a trashcan full of tissues on one side of the bed, plus a bunch of pillows and blankets surrounding us like we're in a bird's nest. Daeron has also been a great help too; he's been making us meals and even empties the trashcan for us when we start just throwing used tissues next to it because it's too full.

... And we haven't seen Aemond at all, thank god.

"Turn it up. Please, Aegon. I love this song."  

I cough with tears in my eyes as the melody of the song grows in the movie. Staring at the screen on the wall across from the bed, I rest my head on top of his stomach as I feel him shift to grab the remote. Watching him turn up the volume with one hand, I feel his other hand idly petting my hair like I'm one of the dogs.

Which is making all three dogs stare at me with slight jealousy from where they are resting in the bed with us. 

Vhagar is huddled up to my back with her head nestled on the curve of my waist while staring at Aegon's hand caressing my hair. Sunfyre is currently snugged between Aegon's legs with her head propped up on his thigh while eyeing the attention his owner is giving me. Then there is Tessarion, who is at the foot of the bed curled up in a ball and nudging our feet to get our attention on him.

I've thought it once, and I'll think it again... The Targaryen dogs are the biggest babies in the world.

"Alright. I have soup ready on the counter, cut fruit in the fridge, and Helaena is going to stop by to check on you two later."

Daeron suddenly announces from the doorway of Aegon's bedroom, making us both turn our heads. He smiles at us with optimism as he shuffles into the room with one hand behind his back, and when noting him hiding something behind him, I frown while digging my face further into Aegon. Coming to one side of the bed, Daeron leans over to press his palm on my forehead and check my temperature while explaining.