T W E N T Y - N I N E

Aemond's P.O.V.

Is she whimpering for me?

While my body is stirring awake, I hear little whimpers from beside me and it leads me to wake up with an utterly satisfied smirk on my lips. Recollections of last night come to my mind in heated flashes as the desire for sleep fades from my body. Rubbing my eye to kill the last of my drowsy state of mind, I let out a humble sigh as I think of the baby girl sleeping next to me on my bed.

Cordelia's soft moans sound like something from heaven, but what she has between her legs is heaven. Her expressions for everything I did to her were captivating and with every touch of her, I felt more and more drunk on her. Reminding myself of how she looked every time I gave her a release, I hum in oozing delight while the prideful smirk on my lips brightens.

After a moment of enjoying the memories of last night in silence, I hear another faint whimper and chuckle under my breath. Opening my eye and tilting my head to the side of the bed Cordelia's sleeping on, I find her sprawled out and laying on her stomach with her face turned in my direction. She's breathing softly while her head rests on a pillow with my white bedsheet tangled around her legs and waist.

One of her hands is under the pillow her head is resting on while the other hand stretches out to lay on my chest. Her tan naked back is on display for me and her messy sex hair covers half the pillow she's sleeping against. She looks thoroughly and exceedingly satisfied from where I'm laying on the bed, making my stomach flutter at the recognition of how I made her this way.

Pursing my lips and admiring her as the morning light slowly makes its way into my bedroom through the windows, I hear the small whimper again, but realize it's not coming from her. Turning my head to the other side of me, where I hear the light noise, I see Vhagar and Sunfyre staring at me with pleading eyes that almost remind me of Cordelia's begging gaze from last night. Staring at them blankly for a moment and listening to my dog whimpering, I abruptly understand the dogs need to go out and relieve themselves.

"Alright, alright. I'm getting up."

I mumble when Sunfyre whines impatiently before sitting up tiredly and making Cordelia's hand fall off me. Wishing I didn't have to leave the warmth of my bed just yet, I glance over at Cordelia as I push the sheets off me while noting how she's fast asleep and practically one with my bed. She is in such a deep sleep right now that I doubt anything could wake her up and I pride myself on being the reason for her state of sleep.

When I finally leave the comfort of my bed and the girl warming it, the dogs rush out of my bedroom from their excitement at knowing I'm about to let them outside. Sighing to myself at how the dogs are acting this morning, I stretch my muscles as I walk towards my dresser. Grabbing sweatpants from a drawer and throwing them on, I shuffle back over to my bed and grab the bedcovers we pushed to the edge of the bed in the middle of the night.

Taking one last look at Cordelia's exposed back, I then drape the covers over her so she doesn't wake from the chilly morning air. I hear her hum quietly into the pillow as I tuck the blanket around her; despite that, nothing about her seems awake. Holding down a smug grin at the scene in my bed, I spin around to leave my room and take care of the dogs.

However, the second I step out of my bedroom and see the state of the hallway, my feet halt and I stand there like a deer in front of headlights. Fuck. Fuck... Fuck. The hallway is a complete and utter wreck; broken picture frames are laying on the floor, there is a trail of clothes from the stairs and my bedroom, and paintings are hanging crookedly on the walls. Not only that, but I'm know for certain that when I go downstairs, the first floor will look like someone robbed us.