F I F T Y - T W O

Aegon's P.O.V.

No way. No fucking way.

"What the fuck are you wearing? No. No. No way. Absolutely not. Go put something else on."

I blurt out without a second thought after taking one look at what Cordelia is wearing for her date tonight. Daeron is standing in the kitchen gapping like a fish out of water with broken glass and beer surrounding his feet. Aemond sits rigidly on the loveseat with his intense gaze fixated on Cordelia, and he's unmoving, like a statue carved from stone.

Cordelia is wearing a familiar looking little black dress that ends on her upper thighs with a deep slit on both sides of her legs and matching black thigh-high stockings. The shoulder straps are thin, black strings that struggle to keep everything in place. The low lace heart-shaped chest line of her dress sends shivers down my spine, offering an ample view of her breasts.

Soft waves of brown hair frame her face, and the makeup on her face is perfect, down to the last mascara-covered eyelash. She's wearing black high heels that I know she will trip in at some point during the date. Everything about her screams fuck me in my eyes, and I recognized that dress the second she walked into the living room wearing it.

... It's the damn dress Aemond bought for her. 

It's the same damn dress that got her all emotional when I pulled it out of her closet the night we went club hopping. That is the dress Aemond bought for her to wear for him, and him alone. Nothing good can come out of wearing that dress tonight, and now I am suddenly freaking out just as bad as my kid brother.

"Excuse me?" Cordelia blurts out in utter shock at my command while putting her hands on her hips. "What is wrong with this?"

"What's wrong with it? Are you serious?" I repeat in horror and stand up on my feet, no longer able to sit still. Waving a hand at her dress, I tell her the first thing I thought about when she walked out into the living room. "It is screaming fuck me. It's a fuck me dress, sweetheart."

Cordelia blushes wildly at my crude words while patting down the dress tightly wrapped around her body. Daeron is now moving to hastily clean up the mess he accidentally made on the floor, with the tip of his ears turning red. Frustrated beyond belief, realizing what I said to Daeron earlier might be wrong, I twist my gaze towards my younger brother and bark at him in disbelief.

 "Aemond, back me up here."

"You look beautiful, Cordelia." He speaks up with a gentle breath and offers her a small smile, before correcting himself with a sad tone in his voice. "You are beautiful."

Blinking in surprise, Cordelia glances at Aemond with wide eyes, like she didn't prepare herself for his compliment. Then, doing something she hasn't done for weeks, Cordelia lets a crooked dimple smile spread onto her face for him. Aemond's gaze softens at the sight of her reaction before taking a deep breath and getting up to grab a beer for himself since Daeron dropped the one intended for him.

What the fuck is happening here?

My entire body goes into pure panic, and I stand star-struck at Aemond's civil confession towards Cordelia's attire tonight. He should be freaking out just like me, demanding for her to change like I am doing, but he just stands back to let Daeron and I do all the panicking for him. It's pissing me off beyond reason, since I know Cordelia would have changed if he threw a fit over her choice of dress.

... I don't think I've ever hated Aemond more than I do at this moment.

"Thank... Thank you." 

Cordelia mumbles quietly to Aemond with a sheepish tone before heading over to the hallway closet to grab a jacket. He nods at her politely, expression full of understanding, as he gets to the fridge and opens the door to grab himself a beer. The entire exchange between the two of them has me dumbfounded, which causes me to flash my gaze over to my kid brother.