F I F T E E N

Aemond's P.O.V.

"The fuck?"

I spit out when I abruptly wake up from something hitting me smack on the face. Blinking my eye open, I see Cordelia beside my bed with a pillow before she swings it at me again. The pillow slaps the sleep out of me and I let out a frustrated groan when Cordelia pulls back to hit me for the third time.

"I freaking hate you." Cordelia lets out a pathetic whine while sending me a sleepy, sulking expression. "I can't sleep now because of that damn movie."

Not give me a chance to comprehend what she's saying or doing, Cordelia slams the pillow back down at my head. Grunting in frustration, I try to grab the pillow from her, but she gets it out of my reach faster than I can take it from her. Rubbing my face and trying not to blow a fuze, I grit out curses through my teeth while trying to understand what her problem is this time.

Oh, right... I made her watch a scary movie earlier.

I knew I was going to regret having her watch a horror movie, but it seemed worth it to me from the way she clinched to me during the entire movie. I spent more time enjoying the way her hands grabbed at my shirt and the feeling of her digging herself into my body than actually enjoying the movie. In my mind, it was a great idea, and I didn't regret it until just now when she woke me up with a pillow attack.

"I've been lying awake for the last two hours because of you and that dang movie, Aemond." Cordelia declares while swinging her pillow at me again, as if it's payback. Then, in a softer but anxious tone, she points out as if it needs to be said. "Also... Daeron and Aegon aren't home yet, and it's making me worried about them."

"Baby, you worry about everything." I blurt out without a thought while my mind goes of all the things I've seen her get concerned about. Sending me a bored look, she tilts her head and claims with a sass that drives me nuts most of the time. "Someone in this house needs to worry, Aemond."

... This girl is going to kill me one day with her sweetness.

Before I can reassure her about my brothers, the pillow in her hand slaps down on my face again. Growling out a breath, I hastily grab the pillow and yank it out of her grasp before putting it behind me. I then sit up in bed lazily and pinch the bridge of my nose, trying to figure out how I can make her happy so I can go back to sleep.

"Fine, baby. Fine. This is what we're going to do." I sigh while grabbing the front of her shirt and tugging her to get on my bed with me. Yanking her into my lap, I then grab my phone from the nightstand and inform her of my plan that will make everyone happy. "You're going to sleep with me tonight and I'm going to call my brothers to see what's going on."

"Thank you."

"Yeah, yeah. Roommate of the year." 

I grunt tiredly before pulling up Aegon's number on my phone and calling him while putting the phone to my ear. Yawning and listening to the phone ring, I rearrange Cordelia in my lap to get us more comfortable before lifting the blanket over us. Getting her legs to straddle me, I push at her back and have her lean into my chest just as the call goes to voicemail.

Cursing under my breath, I call Daeron next, hoping he picks up because I know if he doesn't, Cordelia is going to want me to drive over to the party to check on them. As I wait for my younger brother to pick up, I feel Cordelia's snuggle her face into the crook of my neck and sigh exhaustedly while her arms wrap around my waist. Smirking at the feeling of her tucking into me like a blanket, I now mentally pray Daeron picks up so I don't have to get up.

Cordelia holds me like I'm a stuffed animal, as if I'm hers to squeeze and I can't help but enjoy it. I've never been one to cuddle or snuggle; whenever I sleep with Alys, I don't stay the night to hold her like I'm holding Cordelia in this moment. Though, I get a sense of pride or satisfaction from cradling Cordelia like this, and I feel the need to keep her this way just to be at peace with myself.