Chapter 23: The Obesical Race

"The UA sports festival!! Where the hero world's inchoate little eggs aim for each other's throats-and the top! our grand yearly melee!!" Yamada's voice fills the whole stadium, as the students walk into the arena, and cheers from the civilians can be heard, "And let me guess, All you miscreants came to see them, right?? The freshly-formed miracle stars that shrugged off a mass villain assault with wills of steel!" Yamada can be seen in the announcement box, "the department of heroics freshman-class!!! you're here for class 1A, right!!?" he announces as class 1A walks come in, and the cheers from the civilians get louder.

"wow, they're praising us to the sky... I'm getting nervous now...! you, Bakugo?" Kirishima says as he turns his head to look at the stadium, as he looks at Bakugo who is in front of him,

"no way I'm nervous, you're just getting stage freight, wuss," Bakugo says with a scary face on, this went on for while but Shira wasn't paying attention as she was on her phone once again the teacher allow her along she give it to one of the teachers before doing the activities, that was when Nemuri's voice can be heard but she ignores it, but then there a whole uproar which was interfering her reading and getting annoying for her, this continues for while and no one stopping until she snaps, she walks up to the stage took the mic from Bakugo.

"Can you just be quiet already!" she said out loud, which causes people to be a quiet, "for heaven forsaken name, I got the idea that my classmate was being rude which is normal, but remember this is UA sports day, this is where every student prove themselves to everyone in the country, those students who were not able to pass the entrance exam can prove themselves here in the sports day event, and who pass the exam will prove themselves to everyone that it was not a mistake that they got in, so instead of complaining and Winnie, you all should show it by winning and taking place as we are UA students, or are you all just going to the school for the show of it," She says to everyone, there was an air of intimidation but as well as admiration.

"Remember the reason as to why you got into this school, yes you may have not passed the exam that you wanted but took the step into doing what who have wanted or the goal that you want to get to, all that is left is to continue until you are satisfied." after her speech, she gave her phone to Nemuri who was wide eyes, "I am I will say this once, I will not play around as I will take this seriously, as everyone knows my class encounter villain..." she stops for a while and the air was still as her classmates and teachers and heroes too, "I have seen my friends get seriously injured, how our lives could have easily taken by some other's hands, the useless feeling I had and anger from the time, people says that my class was bragging of the event, but let me remind you all..." her eyes full of fire and seriousness.

"that my classmates and I are first years, inexperience yet we have seen what could happen if we are not careful, remember that we fought to live and to help other and supported each other if people say we are bragging that let it be because we know full well that we fought so we can live to pass the event and we will keep on taking that step, and everyone who spoke of a challenge for my class, I will a challenge back, take that step and prove that the words as a weight to it, and go beyond!" she said with full meaning and spirit with each word, and the heroes and civilians can't help to cheer and clap from the inspiring words, as she walks down the stage as she ties her hair into a ponytail. Her classmates can help but stay silent as they were not expecting this but the admiration they had for their classmate is growing and they were now determined to prove themselves.

"All right, with that, we can move directly onto our first event!" Nemuri says as she turns towards the board screen, "onto the next 'preliminaries,' as they're called! lots of fine folks end up choking on their tears here every year, and this year's first round of destiny is..." there was tension in the air, that was when the board screen shows the first event to pass Obstacle Race.