10. Creating Traditions

~Zinhle Mpumelelo~

"So, I got on touch with a couple of people and a couple of companies asking for sponsorship."

"And?"

"I think we're starting an annual tradition," Leon smiled.

"Really?" Kanya enquired in excitement as I looked to my right at him.

"We got sponsors!"

I screamed and gave him a tight hug. I have him multiple kisses on the lips. I let out a sigh and turned to everyone else, "You know what that means. This project is a go!"

We made a plan to do a whole days plan of fun on Spring Day and then a fashion show at night. We would do a fun festival kind of thing at the park. Entry is going to be only R75. There'll be braai, fun water games, live performances and more.

That evening there will be a fashion show. We'll display our spring collection. It'll be great for marketing as such events attract the media and in the fashion industry, you have to love the media. All for the right reasons of course.

I was so excited. This was one of, well, actually the biggest event I was going to host in my entire career. Not only was I going to do a fashion show but a fun festival on the same day. I knew this was bound to give me grey hairs but I was up for the challenge.

"I got some bad news though, Spring Day is in two weeks," Leon sighed. He looked at me, "This is a lot to do in two weeks. You guys need to add finishing touches to your collection, find models, practice and all that. Then we need to go to the park, pick the area for use, rent out seats, get a larger workforce, there's a lot."

"I know. But I believe in us. If we all use what we got I'm sure we can pull this off. I mean, Leon, you're taking care of the sponsors. Giving them all the deets and all that nonsense I know nothing about. Kanya, this is not your first spring collection, you know what I want, I know you can deliver.

"Jude, we need your connections now. We need models and we need volunteers. And we need you to spread the word. I think out of all of us you have the most followers on your socials, so you're our best bet in terms of spreading the word. I'll deal with flyers and stuffs. I'll look at the park and choose our area and I'll set up stage for the fashion show. Got it?"

I looked at everyone. They each gave me a nod.

"Ok," I sighed with a nod, "Lets get to work."

Jude and Kanya let my office as I went to get my notepad to write down everything I just said before I'd forget.

"So..." Leon began with a sigh, "What you doing now?"

"Writing down the plan," I stated simply. "Wouldnt want me to forget."

"You can do that later." I gave him a look. He was seated in my chair. He pat his lap then held his arms open. "Come. Sit on my lap."

"Leon, you should be at work," I said trying to hide my blush.

"This is part of it. It's my job to keep my woman happy. In fact, I'm trying to keep up the romance. Come on."

I let out a sigh and sat on his lap. I rested my arms on his shoulders and looked into his eyes, "Happy now?"

"Very happy. But I'll be happier if you give me a kiss."

"A kiss?"

"Mm hm... a nice, slow, passionate kiss. Or in your words, a lamza..."

"Oh... I see you. Trying to get something started at work."

"Its hard to resist. So how about it?"

"Only because you got us sponsors," I smirked gliding my finger across his lips.