Prompt #54

A.N.- Not a requested prompt, just something I had an idea for. Theo has a very interesting dream about his boyfriend...

————————————————————————————————————————————————

                I sat up, rubbing my head. "Whoa."

                "Hm? Is everything okay?" Dimitri came over and sat on the bed next to me. "You fell asleep."

                "I had the weirdest dream," I said, shaking my head. "I had a dream that you were...well, you were super flamboyant."

                Dimitri raised an eyebrow. "Me? Flamboyant?"

                "Yea. Like you were wearing these bright yellow skinny jeans and a sparkly pink shirt! And you had a purple fohawk with glitter in it!" I said, gesturing at him. He was wearing dark blue jeans that fit him just right, and a light blue sweater that hugged his arms and chest. His brown hair laid neatly styled on his head. "You also had all these piercings on your ears..." I looked at his bare ears. His only piercing was his nose ring.

                Dimitri let out rich laughter. "Oh, now that's a nightmare."

                "And your voice was different!" I said, gesturing at him. "You didn't have your accent." After dating him for so long, I'd learned how to understand his thick Russian accent. His deep voice was familiar to me, and his accent was just a part of him.

                "Honestly Theo, you have the weirdest dreams," he said, shaking his head.

                Alek peeked her head into the room. She shot a dirty look at Dimitri before turning to me.

                "Theo, are you staying for dinner?" she asked.

                "Clearly he is," Dimitri said impatiently. "We were talking. Get out."

                "You're such an asshole," Alek snapped.

                "Cut it out," I said, hitting his arm. "Yes, I'm staying for dinner Alek."

                "I'll tell mom and dad." She glared at Dimitri again before shutting the door.

                "You're so mean to your sister," I said.

                "Was I nice to her in your dream?" he teased.

                "Well, no," I said. "But you're not exactly a nice guy." I kissed him. "I love you, but you are so damn arrogant and spoiled, it drives me crazy."

                "Fair enough," he said, wrapping his arms around me.

                "You were also an artist in my dream," I said, looking around at the sports trophies in his room.

                Dimitri laughed so hard he nearly choked. "Me? Theo, I can't even draw a circle. Galen draws better than I do. What the hell did you smoke before you fell asleep?"

                "Nothing!" I said. "It was a really weird dream, okay? Although you were a lot more interesting in your dream."

                "Am I boring?" he asked, kissing my cheek.

                "No. But you're annoying," I said, leaning against him.

                "I'm a middle child. I have to be annoying to get attention," he said, smirking.

                "Then you should be getting plenty of attention." I closed my eyes, resting my head on his shoulder.

                "Little Theodore."

                My eyes snapped open. "What? What did you just call me?"

                "Theo?" he said in confusion. "What else would I call you?"

                "Quote something from Hamlet," I said.

                "What the hell? You know I've never even read Hamlet. I went on Sparknotes," he said. "Are you okay, Theo?"

                I closed my eyes, and suddenly, someone was shaking me. "Little Theodore!"

                I opened my eyes again, jerking away. Dimitri frowned down at me, and I eyed him intensely.

                Stupid, glittery, purple fohawk...tight, bright red jeans...neo green T-shirt...piercings up and down his ears...higher pitched voice with a light accent...

                "Dimitri!" I cried, throwing my arms around him. I had caught him by surprise, and he accidentally fell on me.

                "I am excited to see you too, little Theodore. You fell asleep while I was helping my mother," Dimitri said, propping up on his arms, body hovering over mine. He kissed me. "Are you alright?"

                "Quote Hamlet," I said.

                "Conscience doth make cowards of us all," he said, tilting his head a little. "Shall I quote a longer line?"

                I kissed him hard, pulling his body down on top of mine. "I love you. I love your annoying, flamboyant, artistic self."

                "I love you too," he said, looking horribly confused. "Are you sure you're alright, little Theodore?"

                "I had a dream that you were...normal, I guess," I said, wrapping my arms around him and kissing him again.

                His frosty eyes lit up in amusement. "Normal?"

                 I nodded. "Yea, normal. It was so weird. You were a lot meaner."

                "One may smile, and smile, and be a villain," he said, kissing me.

                "Hamlet?" I guessed, and he nodded, making me smile a little. "God, I love you. Oh, ew, I'm being super sappy. That dream messed me up."

                "Well, I am simply me, and I am fabulous," Dimitri said, rolling over next to me and hugging me, kissing me. "I am not changing!"

                "Good. You're obnoxious and sparkly, but I do love you," I said, curling against him and smiling a little. Normal Dimitri just wouldn't be Dimitri.