Prompt #19

Prompt: It'd be cool to see the family interacting when Galen is a teen, maybe at Dimitri's birthday party or something. c:

A.N.- I hope this is what you were looking for!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Galen, are you ready to go?” Eva asked.

                “I’m ready mom,” Galen said, coming out in lazily buttoned white dress shirt and black slacks.

                “Let’s go. We don’t want to be late to Dimitri’s birthday party,” Alexei said. He smiled softly. “I can’t believe he’s turning 26 today. Time flies.”

                “Reminisce in the car, dad. We’re going to be late,” Galen said.

                “Right, right!” Alexei said.

                They hurried out to the car and got in. They drove for a while until they got to the house Dimitri and Theo had bought together.

                They got out of the car and went around to the backyard, where music was playing and the smell of food was potent. Alek noticed them and smiled, coming over.

                “Mom, dad!” she said, hugging them. She turned to Galen and smiled, holding her arms out. Galen moved into them and she hugged him tightly. “You look so handsome, Galen!”

                “Thanks,” Galen mumbled.

                “Where’s Dimitri?” Eva asked, looking around for her son.

                “Why, Dimitri Mikhail Ivanov, at your service beautiful lady,” Dimitri said, coming over and giving a little bow.

                Eva smiled and pulled him into her arms, hugging him tightly. “Happy birthday, Dimitri. I love you so much. It has been 26 wonderful years.”

                “Glad I was able to charm your life for so long,” Dimitri said with an easy smile. “Ah, father dearest, so good to see you again.” He hugged his father.

                “Happy birthday Dimitri,” Alexei said, kissing Dimitri’s cheek.

                “Aleksandra! I didn’t see you arrive, I’m afraid,” Dimitri said.

                “Happy birthday Dimitri,” she said, hugging her brother. As Dimitri got older and matured more and more, Alek had slowly grown fonder of him. Theo had helped change Dimitri as well, from an uncaring, selfish boy to a thoughtful man.

                “And last but certainly not least, my charming little brother,” Dimitri said, holding his arms open.

                Galen smiled and hugged Dimitri. “Happy birthday Dimmy.”

                “You’ll be 16 soon. Ah, how the time flies,” Dimitri said. Dimitri looked around with a frown. “Where is my Theodore? I’ve lost my Theodore!”

                “You haven’t lost me. I’m not that lucky,” Theo said, coming over. “Hi everyone.”

                “Hi Theo!” they all greeted, moving around for more hugs.

                “Galen, dear, how is high school treating your wonderful little self?” Dimitri asked.

                “It’s alright,” Galen said with a shrug. “I’m in advanced classes, but they’re not too bad, I guess.”

                “Theodore and I took some advanced classes! Right, darling?” Dimitri turned and pouted at the disappearance of his husband. “Aleksandra! Find my Theodore and bring him to me.”

                Alek rolled her eyes. “Yea, yea. I’ll go get him,” she said, walking away in search of Theo.

                “He always wanders off,” Dimitri said, shaking his head.

                “How is everything between you two?” Alexei asked.

                “Fabulous aside from him constantly wandering off,” Dimitri said. He brightened as Alek appeared with Theo trailing behind her. “Theodore!”

                “You’re like a puppy. I can’t leave you or you get upset,” Theo said, going over and taking Dimitri’s hand in his.

                “You’re so clingy, Dimitri,” Alek said.

                “You are all so cruel to me. I simply want my Theodore with me on my birthday,” Dimitri said, flicking a strand of hair dramatically.

                “He can’t be with you 24/7,” Alek said, laughing. “I’m not forcing my husband to be with me 24/7. I’d get sick of him.”

                “Nonsense! I could never get sick of my Theodore,” Dimitri said, kissing Theo.

                “Well, you have been together for almost 10 years,” Alexei said with a smile.

                “Dimitri, you are such a messy eater,” Eva said, leaning over and brushing crumbs off of Dimitri’s shirt. “Honestly, you are a 26 year old man who can’t feed himself. You need a bib.”

                “Didn’t you make him wear a bib until he was almost 5?” Alek asked, laughing at the memory.

                “We used to put it on him until he was nearly 8,” Alexei said. “It depended what he was wearing that day.”

                “My messy boy,” Eva said with a sigh.

                “A bib is actually a fantastic idea. I’ll have to keep that in mind,” Theo said.

                “I would look fabulous in a bib,” Dimitri said.

                Galen laughed. “I can picture it.”

                “You’re so quiet I almost forgot you were there!” Dimitri said, putting an arm around his little brother. “You were so outgoing until you were around 10.”

                Galen shrugged. “Sorry.”

                “And this above all: To thine ownself be true,” Dimitri said.

                “Hamlet?” Galen said. He had known the story well by the time he was 12 thanks to Dimitri.

                “That’s my wonderful little brother,” Dimitri said fondly.

                “We should get the family together more often,” Alexei said with a smile. “I miss having you all at home.”

                “We should do a get together every once in a while,” Alek agreed.

                “I’d love to see my fabulous family more often,” Dimitri said, ruffling Galen’s hair.

                Galen swatted his hands away. “It would be nice to see you and Alek more,” he admitted with a small smile.

                “Then it is settled and passed into law!” Dimitri announced. “The Ivanov family shall have gatherings as often as possible!”

                Galen, Eva, Alexei, and Alek all smiled and nodded in agreement. Even Theo smiled, leaning closer to Dimitri. Galen hugged his brother, glad that he was going to get to see him and his sister more often.